• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Hood M1009s

ARYankee

Well I bid and won a decent looking M1009 and I was just wondering if anyone previewed any of them and could give me some info on the one I won. If not I will find out in the next week or so when I go to pick it up.

Last edited:

ARYankee

Were they on the south side or north side ?

I will be on the north side tomorrow picking up trailers.

I know it wasn't on the north side so I guess it would be the south then.
I ended up hiring a shipper and he just picked it up today.

Last edited:

ryan77

As long as mine isnt rusted out and the motor isnt blown i will be happy! Hopefully mine has 4431 on it and not 14431 but im pretty sure its 4431 due to the condition of the interior!!!!

ARYankee

Thanks, I may take you up on that Tom. I may be needing to find some more parts, I'll know better by the end of the month once I get it home and really get to look at it.

K9Vic

If the fluids were drained it was marked for salvage, but that does not mean it did not run. Make sure you look it over carefully for any holes in the oil & trans pan, or radiator to drain the fluids.

Check the glove box or under the seat for maintenance records, that was probably a TSC unit. All the Fort Hood TSC units I have owned had maintenance records in them. They were used by TESCO and the pickups were laser target vehicles so they were well maintained.

There was no EUC, so does it come with a SF97?

ARYankee

If the fluids were drained it was marked for salvage, but that does not mean it did not run. Make sure you look it over carefully for any holes in the oil & trans pan, or radiator to drain the fluids.

Check the glove box or under the seat for maintenance records, that was probably a TSC unit. All the Fort Hood TSC units I have owned had maintenance records in them. They were used by TESCO and the pickups were laser target vehicles so they were well maintained.

There was no EUC, so does it come with a SF97?
Thanks for the info. I was really going to look it over good when I got it. I'm hoping that they didn't poke holes for the quick drain. Compared to some of the other ones for sale at that time and this week, I may have a good one.

Yes they were no EUC, that is why I wanted one from Ft. Hood. No unfortunately I have to apply for an SF97.

ARYankee

:) So far I have the seats out and am prepping for bedlining the floor. I picked up some Duplicolor from Autozone today. Unfortunately so far I haven't gotten as far as I wanted with this due to a multitude of other things. It has a really solid body. I know ryan77 got one as well and got it running. I'm just taking my sweet time with this for some odd reason but I will definitely post up some pictures on the after once its done.

ryan77

I got another one from texas but its a basket case im replacing the ip pump right now and the floor has more holes then the iraqi navy!!!:shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks