• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer bed

100acre

I am buying a replacement bed for my M101a1( because a rib has rusted through) from a SS member and i was wondering if anyone out there has done it and was it difficult? does anyone have any pictures?

tanks

Ripcord01

Locate the bolts and remove them by using a 9/16 socket or wrench. Take a sledge hammer and smack the front of the old tub to break it loose. Then push the bitch off the rear. To put the new tub on slide it up the back to the front by using the tilt feature , I took mine off byself and a few curse words. Putting it one you will need the help of a rope or chain or tractor to drag the tub forward on the new frame.

harleyhouse

Removing the tub

Removing a bed
What I did:

Spray the nuts with penetrating oil several days before rmoval
use an impact gun to quickly remove the cross member bolts.
Remove the front and rear centeing bolts and the front and rear bolts
from the triangle suports.

I removed all the bolts then lifted the tub onto four saw horses then
snaked the rolling frame out.

Painted the tub and frame and installed in reverse order.
I left off the triangle supports front and rear. It looks beter without them.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks