• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M220 soon to be camper

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This summer I took the family to visit Maccus in Custer SD. He has an awesome 6x6 military 5 ton he converted to a camper. I thought it was the best thing ever, and expressed the desire to git me one. About a week ago Maccus emailed me a lead on this truck in western South Dakota. The seller got the mail and called yesterday to confirmed the deal is done. Looks like I'm gonna have a camper!

I've been smiling so hard my face hurts! :)

Attachments

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dan the recovery is set for next Tuesday the 6th. Weather permitting. Will drive it to my place until you can fetch it. There are 3 folks along the way that have OD trucks and they are alerted so were we to have any trouble we are ready for any problems. Two of the guys have large service trucks with all the needed stuff on them so....... We will be taking a lot of pictures. Only about 100 miles to the location where the truck is anyway.

SPCWarning

Nice!

Truck looks nice and clean! Post pics of the transformation to camper.

(Seriously drooling over the building where it's parked in the pics.... Wow!) :drool::drool::drool:
Jimmy

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Truck looks nice and clean! Post pics of the transformation to camper.

(Seriously drooling over the building where it's parked in the pics.... Wow!) :drool::drool::drool:
Jimmy

I believe the old boy selling the truck is a mechanic at the local GM dealership. He keeps the truck there I think. Hence the nice shop/building. But yes we all could use a building like that. I bet the GM connection is one of the reasons the truck is in such good shape .

Last edited:

Seatyger

That is an incredibly crisp looking truck, even with the unique paint colour (Color for you folks South of the Border)!

I think I want to eat a lemon meringue pie now.......

Great find (was going to insert smilie raising beer mug but its gone)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is an incredibly crisp looking truck, even with the unique paint colour (Color for you folks South of the Border)!

I think I want to eat a lemon meringue pie now.......

Great find (was going to insert smilie raising beer mug but its gone)
:beer: here you go

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not 100% sure yet. I just checked out a few pages of RAYZER's conversion post. I will have to get back to it later tonight.

Here is what I think I want:
2 pairs of bunk beds, (2 beds on each side)
Window A /C unit above the cab
Propane heater
A toilet
Gun locker, probably under a bed
Carpet
A place to sit and eat or play cards

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just took delivery of 2 new paint guns from Harbor Freight. Maccus told me to get another with a remote tank for painting the undersides of things.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Did you get this one Dan? The HF gun I have like that has painted many a truck. I bought a spare last summer cause I figured the old one would die soon. But it is still going. For $49 you cannot go wrong. Way good enough for an occasional user. By the way with that gun I use a gallon less paint when doing a deuce.

Professional HVLP Spray Gun Kit

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Nice spray gun!!

Did you get this one Dan? The HF gun I have like that has painted many a truck. I bought a spare last summer cause I figured the old one would die soon. But it is still going. For $49 you cannot go wrong. Way good enough for an occasional user. By the way with that gun I use a gallon less paint when doing a deuce.

Professional HVLP Spray Gun Kit
Dang!!! That one gallon of paint saved was probably enough to allow you to buy the paint to put the letters on the 8N tractor!:whistle:

Plus, you already have the spray gun...and a backup!:popcorn:

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea PB, that solvent won't flash off very well when it is this cold. His paint will be tacky to the end of april , maybe even May!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks