• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M220 soon to be camper

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally broke the M220 purchase to my wife today on a long walk. She only asked if it had mice in it. Absolutely not! I showed her the pictures when we got home and she told me it was nice. Then after a long pause she asked "Are you going to keep it that color?" I told her I would probably go green someday. She quickly said " camo would be better." :grin:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She just told me I should build a pole shed so all 3 trucks and both trailers can be inside out of the rain. I'm lucky. I'm gonna keep her!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is 700 miles away at my uncle's place in Custer SD. Maybe I should tell her about some of the other stuff I have hidden?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will eventually be 3 color camo. My goal is to get it home on April 1 and throw a couple home made bunk beds, some carpet and a counter top with cabinet and refrig below and go camping with the kids. As soon as I can save up a couple hundred for paint and get a few friends to scuff, I will paint it. Then after a few camping trips I will do a more quality camper conversion. Fortunately, I have realized I usually buy something and tear it apart and spend a couple years going overboard on things. My goal is to camp every day I possibly can with the family, then make the big changes next winter.
Pretty sure we can come up with paint.........

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hey!!! He is one very nice uncle person. I did not know the truck was a secret. Anyway sounds like there is a pole barn in your immediate future. Just remember to make the door/ceiling at least 12 foot. Mine is only a 10 footer and it causes me a lot of pain to let my M8109 sit outside all the time.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey!!! He is one very nice uncle person. I did not know the truck was a secret. Anyway sounds like there is a pole barn in your immediate future. Just remember to make the door/ceiling at least 12 foot. Mine is only a 10 footer and it causes me a lot of pain to let my M8109 sit outside all the time.[/QUOTE]

This is called a lack of PREPLANING on your part, you should have KNOWN that you would have a 109/8109 some day because when you build a MV HOUSE, you ALWAYS PLAN for the largest MV possible and NOT what you have currently because a MY JUNKIE ALWAYS wants more and a bigger fix

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In 1 hour we are heading out to pick the M220 up in Custer SD and return it to Galesville WI. 675 miles down interstate 90 each way. I'm planning 11 hours to get there and 18 to get home. I'm driving it, because what good is it is it cannot make it? Besides, Gene and Jim have assured me of absolutely nothing except that they will strip it. Should be in Custer by 6am Friday. :shock: Then I look it over and head south 60 miles to pick up a rear axle for another truck. Taking it out of a chassis sittting in a salvage yard that Gene found. Have not figured fow I'm going to get it in the truck.
Hope is the method of choice at this point. :beer:

butch atkins

Good luck,you are incredibly fortunate to have gotten what you have collected in the last few weeks.Safe journey,and tell MR MURPHY to @#$% off.Hope you post some pics. :drool:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a day, M220 is loaded full of rust free Chev/Ford sheetmetal, M105 hooked up, spare VW motor and tires in it, Suburban is pulling a car trailer with a VW rabbit and 54 Chev 2 ton cab and front clip. Tomorrow is going to be very long for them.:shock:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some pics when they rolled out at 0720. They are going north, around Rapid City, then 90 E. They might switch to state roads at Wall SD depending on how it's going.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Jim, you don't look very happy in pic #3, was it because you didn't get all the parts off the 220 that you wanted before Dan came and got it

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are currently broke down west of Chamberlin, SD. Truck is overheating. They removed the thermostat, It overheats within a mile. They are currently looking for a place to drop the truck. Looking either like a clogged radiator or waterpump.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled the radiator and waterpump from my other truck. I'm ready to drive the 507 miles to exit 172 off I-90 in SD. I just need someone to drive my pickup home. I figure 8 hours to the truck, 2 hours to fix, and 12 hours home. I have off work Tuesday-Friday. Just need a driver for the chase vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks