• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 37 Wire

1943ht

Looking to purchase some of the original type wire used on the M37 wire harness .. wire is insulated by DuPont Hypalon and has a rubbery cover .. has anyone else found a source for this wire or a similar type? I am looking for 250 feet.

Thank You

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vendors

I'm late to the party but Hypalon wire is available from Belden and is sold by vendors by the reel. Of course the vendors, like Allied Electronics, only sell in 100' minimum reels, and it is expensive. Maybe the other folks mentioned sell by the foot. I bought reels when I did my M-715 in 16 and 14 gage.

1943ht

RBOLTZ ..Good copy .. several vendors carry the wire .. and your right you have to purchase lorge amounts before they will let you order, DuPont, who makes Hypalon, announced that the were no longer goint to produce it after 2011 .. so I imagine it will become scarce after a time ..

1943ht

ALCON: Yes I am fabbing a rear harness .. already laid it out regards wire length and configuration, and am in the process of soldering and crimping on all of my wire ends ... have completed the rebuild on all of my Auto-Lite lights both front and rear to include my trailer lights .. found a NOS front harness for a $100 at a sale and have installed that to include new headlight wire harness with the addition of Parker fittings on the bulb end as the replacement headlights all have Parker ends these days .. bought most of my stuff from Eric's ..great prices and service.

I went with original wire as I like the look and feel and it matches the NOS harness .. and frankly the parts of the old harness that I was able to recover had stood up quite well for 53 years of exposure and Buba modifications done by the previous owner ...

Early vehicle without turn signals although all the lights have that capability .. have included that option in my wire harness in case I make that modification in the future .. I also have the original seperate blackout stoplight on the passenger side of the truck as well as on my trailer .. so the passsenger and driver side lights have service stop light lenses .. all original

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks