• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeM62

1. 1966 M109A3
2. Full
3. Commercial Policy written for Antique and Personal Use. The Commerical Policy is required due to the weight/size of the vehicle.
4. $27.49/month
5. State Farm
6. Maine
7. A State Farm Commercial Policy does not count towards their multi-policy discounts for home and auto.
Thanks close to the price that state farm had quoted me mine was some
where between $27- $33 a month there easy to deal with.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, so far I have either gotten "We don't insure that type of vehicle" or "...We can insure it, but only for use in parades or meets..." or they took all the info and just haven't gotten back to me, but maybe I'll here from those couple tomorrow.

I noticed that there seems to be a lot state farm policy holders here. I know price will vary from state to state, even town to town, and of course different branches, for different types of vehicles. But the last time I went to state farm was a few years ago for a restored 76' Honda CB750 motorcycle, and they wanted $145 a month to insure it. I went to an All State brach down the street, and got it insured for $23 a month full coverage. After that, we went back and saved some $$$ at All State for the cars as well, with a better policy too. So to say the least, I haven't been back to state farm since then as I thought if they were that much higher on a motorcycle, then they are probably high on other vehicles.

However, with what I'm seeing posted here, I think I'll give them another chance with the Deuce. Who knows, they might turn out to be the better priced company this time... Or at least the company that will actually cover the Deuce :shock:
Will post when the results come in...

steelandcanvas

1. What Year and Type of Deuce? 1971 M35A2
2. What kind of Policy? Full Coverage - $0 Deductible
3. Is it under a standard policy or an "antique car/truck" policy?Specialty Vehicle Policy-Agreed Value $6500.
4. What does it cost per month? $150/6-months = $25/mo.
5. What Insurance Agency/Company? Gulfway
6. What State is the Insurance Company in? Florida
7. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a "multi policy" discount? No
Restrictions: Must have another daily driver vehicle and insurance for same. Not required to be garaged. No mileage restrictions.

Last edited:

barefootin

1971 M35a2, State Farm, Full Coverage/Full Tort with lowest deductibles, $29/mo, and it's registered as a class 8, multi-car discount (7), "pleasure vehicle" under 7,500 miles anually.

Last edited:

joshuaz223

At least include the Basics:
What Year and Type of Deuce?
M35A2, M543A2
2. What kind of Policy? full
3. Is it under a standard policy. commercial
4. What does it cost per month? $38
5. What Insurance Agency/Company? Farmers
6. What State is the Insurance Company in? NY
7. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a
"multi policy" discount. no

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I just had the first insurance company call me back with a quote:

1. What Year and Type of Deuce? M35A3
2. What kind of Policy? Quote for Full Coverage & Liability 3. Is it under a standard policy or an "antique car/truck" policy? Standard - Actual Use (not parade only etc)
What does it cost per month? Full Coverage Quote $118.50/month - Liability $83.33/month
5. What Insurance Agency/Company? Fountain Insurance
6. What State is the Insurance Company in? Indiana
7. Do you have other policies through the same company which gets you a
"multi policy" discount? NO

Still waiting on a call from AllState, which is who we have another vehicle with. And I am going to call State Farm today too. Hope to find better prices than these...

man2112

just curious, what do you all register your Deuces as when you register them with the DMV? Does what you register it as have any impact on insurance prices? I know that some deuces are registered as flat bed trucks.

Texas Diesel

:?:Hope this is not too off subject. Specifically, but not limited to Texas, who says what the vehicle is, A "van", "truck", "commercial"? Does the clerk actually get up and walk out and look at it and then make a determination? Though I doubt it. Do they ask you what it is? I figure if I say M35A2 they are not going to know what I'm talking about and just look at the weight and determine it's commercial. I don't have a CDL and am not going to use it for commercial use but I figure if the DMV clerk makes up her/his mind it is commercial I'll just have to live with it and pay the exorbant registration amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks