• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a real hard time getting insurance despite my nearly flawless driving record (over the last 2 weeks I have contacted probably a dozen insurance companies and or agents). I ended up getting insurance through a local agent and the company the policy is with is GuideOne Insurance. I am paying $52/month with liability only but have no restrictions like garaging or parade only use. More than I would like to pay but I think the folks that are paying below $150/yr have either had their policies for awhile or have a collector/historic type policy. I don't want something bad to happen and have my dirt cheap insurance policy cost me mega bucks because they decide that the accident happened outside the usage restrictions of my policy. I also learned that it really depends on who you talk to when you call the insurance companies. For instance, I called 4 different State Farm Agents and got completely different answers from each, ranging from "State Farm will not cover military vehicles at all" to "We can insure it for $130/month". I may try to bundle my existing home and auto policies into my new policy to see what kind of discounts I can get. I will let yall know if it is substantial.

Buzz

Last edited:

F18hornetM

$70 a year liability through state farm, it is historic and restrictions are parades, shows, incidental use. does not have to be garaged. Which is fine by me, i dont need to drive everyday to work. Just bought a M813 from GL and the insurance is the same. I also have 13 policies with state farm, that might help.
From reading all the posts, it seems no insurance company gives the same answer twice. Also wonder if what they cover is somehow due to state laws.
i had to take pictures of mine and send in to them, so they do know what it is.

Last edited:

moriboy

Country insurance, listed as a utility/flatbed, no restrictions. Liability $240/yr. I live in Oregon.

YOUNG GUN

1996 M35A3
Liberty/Oregon
Insured Value $15,000
$42/month
Full Coverage/$250 Deductible/Commercial
No restrictions

Registered as a farm vehicle $76/year

UPDATE:
Liberty Northwest/Oregon
Insured As: 1996 American General M35A3
Commercial Policy/No Restrictions
Insured Value: $15,000
$51/Month
Full Coverage w/$250 Deductable
$1,000,000 Liability

Registered as a farm vehicle $76/Year

This seems very reasonable to me for the amount of coverage, and I drive it almost every day:-D

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just dropped Continental-Western Group (who requires garaging) for State Farm (who does NOT require garaging). The difference was only about $20 more per year for SF. State Farm has it as a collector/historical vehicle and it is < $120 per year. I can live with that. :)

Geico for everything else that I own and drive. :mrgreen:

Insurance is different for everyone. You have to shop around. My local State Farm agent was pretty easy to work with after I sent them pics and details. They struggled with the VIN a little, saying it couldn't be right because it wasn't long enough and didn't have any letters. :confused:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am wondering what ins. in Michigan, which is a no fault state will be. The state is in bed with the Ins. companies big time here. I pay $1200. per year for 96 dodge van with only liability.

Either your driving record is off the chart, or your zip code is on the "Not A Chance List", or both. My 19 year old son pays less than two-thirds of that for full coverage on his 2000 Bravada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks