• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reusing brake line fittings

Gunfreak25

Is it a bad idea to reuse the brake line fittings off the old lines when doing a complete brake system overhaul? I've cracked 1 fitting before when I was trying to loosen it, darn gorilla hands. If one cracked under pressure that would certainly be a bad thing on a single circuit system.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one bad brake cylinder when I bought my truck, and ended up replacing most of the front brake system, just to have a like new brake circuit. Mine is an airforce truck with dual circuit.

If I was on a budget, I would have reused some of the parts, but knowing my truck will stop when I push the brake is a very good feeling to have. If you don't trust the parts you have, replace them for the peace of mind alone.

Note, I am going through my truck rebuilding everything to bring it to near new condition, but that was part of the reason I bought the truck. You can blow through a lot of cash if you are not careful. Ask me how I know. :-D ...But I like my toys in top condition.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks