• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 alt brackets..

tm america

Hey Guys I'm gonna start making some 24 volt upgrade alt brackets for the a3 as well as 12 volt add on kit for the a3.. I'm gonna start working on them next week.. If anyone has decent picks of the engine bay with any add on kits that might have came on them i would really appreciate you posting them.. Just don't want to miss any variants? I'm also looking for someone that has a 5 ton with a cummins 250 that would be willing to leave it with me for a few days so i can mock up the brackets i would be willing to give them the brackets,alts and any belts needed as well as install them for free.. I have been getting alot of people interested in them but i don't have a truck to make them from..so any help would be great ..Thanks in advance

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Terry McClanahan with American Outfitters already makes an upgraded alternator bracket for the A3. I've never seen one, however. I've never had a problem on my A3, but apparently problems with the alternator brackets on A3s are quite common.

tm america

Terry McClanahan with American Outfitters already makes an upgraded alternator bracket for the A3. I've never seen one, however. I've never had a problem on my A3, but apparently problems with the alternator brackets on A3s are quite common.
ya i have heard of the brackets cracking?I'm not making upgrade brackets.I will be making brackets to put a 27si delco alt in place of the stock alt.. They are more cost effective and easier to find than the stock one plus this will get ride of the cracking bracket problem ..And i will be making a kit to put a 12 volt 10si delco alt on there as well so guys can run 12 volt accesories ...I have looked at the specs on all the different alts out there and the 27 si give the highest amp rating for the price range-Around $115 And the 10si alot of guys already have or can get pretty much anywhere for cheap and there are tons of options as far as amp ratings go.You will be able to install a powermaster or other high output alts with the brackets i will be making

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ya i have heard of the brackets cracking?I'm not making upgrade brackets.I will be making brackets to put a 27si delco alt in place of the stock alt.. They are more cost effective and easier to find than the stock one plus this will get ride of the cracking bracket problem ..And i will be making a kit to put a 12 volt 10si delco alt on there as well so guys can run 12 volt accesories ...I have looked at the specs on all the different alts out there and the 27 si give the highest amp rating for the price range-Around $115 And the 10si alot of guys already have or can get pretty much anywhere for cheap and there are tons of options as far as amp ratings go.You will be able to install a powermaster or other high output alts with the brackets i will be making
Hey George/TM America!
I just sent you a PM. We just heard back from Brett on the A3 title a few minuets ago. Planning on leaving to pick the A3 up in the morning.

Thanks!

tm america

Ok guys the deal fell through on the truck i was gonna use to proto type the kit ..I have the alts and pulleys if there is anyone with an a3 that would be interesting in leaving it with me for a few days so i can make the brackets and jig i will give you a set of brackets and alts all installed with the belt and pulleys for leaving it with me so i can get my measurements..If anyone is interested send me a pm...

autigers35a3

I wish I was near by you could use mine...
Keep us posted on the progress. I will dang sure buy one to keep with the spare parts. Ecellent idea you have. Good luck!!!

autigers35a3

I wish I was near by you could use mine...
Keep us posted on the progress. I will dang sure buy one to keep with the spare parts. Ecellent idea you have. Good luck!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks