• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

some advice please

popz76

So...I gets this 62 M37 from out of state(Tennesee, and never titled) and it is here in Kansas. I have the original SF 97 release form from 1975 and a bill of sale from the gentleman I bought it from. What else might I need and what do I tell the gals here at the treasurers office to get a title?

3dAngus

Every state is different. Interesting you have a SF97 dated 1975 and no title. It might indicate a problem in getting the title. Rare someone would pay for a SF97 then not follow through and get the title, or, maybe things were different back then and they just issued a SF97 with all vehicles. Today, you have to pay.

Call your local motor vehicle titling department that is the official State of Kansas and ask the question.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might do good to show up and look for someone to talk with. You know anyone in DMV or State Police or local PD that can steer you to the right person? I have found phone calls or cold calls usually get a "I don't know", "No", etc... 2cents

ctmustang

from what I've seen and read over the years if the sf-97 is not in your name you may as well not have it and it holds true here in the commi state of NC

Chief_919

Rare someone would pay for a SF97 then not follow through and get the title, or, maybe things were different back then and they just issued a SF97 with all vehicles. Today, you have to pay.
In the good ole days before GL your SF-97 came with the sale, no charge, and you walked with it in hand when you took possession of your truck.

GL pays nothing for your SF-97. They just see it as a way to bilk another $60 out of us for signing it over and mailing it to you, eventually.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its hard to tell those Gals anything. They will do the telling. Did you get it from the Guy whos name is on the SF-97. He is the only one that can do anything with the Form. Look him up. Good Luck

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
popz76 In Kansas since the truck is over 35 years old all you need is a bill of sale signed by the seller. Make sure the #'s are correct before you go. Also insurance and put in for antique tags. I was parked next to you at the Liberty Memorial, 5T with German kitchen trailer. Call the local DMV as it will need inspected by the High poos, small fee.

also nopics

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure in all states the sf97 isn't worth the paper it's printed on if it doesn't have your name on it. I don't think I'd even carry it with me to the DMV. It may just add to the confusion and give you problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks