• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Trucks of Iraq

Driver523

The photo of the Livermore box with the JO1 on the door has no cab armor, this truck is from Fort Leonard Wood, we have 3 Livermore boxes there for training, we then barrowed this one for a platform demonstration at Fort Knox in March of 06, If you like the Gun Trucks of Nam you should like this one too, its modeled from the Eve of Destruction--The only surviving gun truck from VietNam, And the Ace of Spades (Iraq) was from the 1073rd that was in Anaconda, I think it was mentioned that its also at Fort Eustis Va.

Driver523---Gun Trucks The Match Box & Malfunction

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: gun trucks of Iraq

Check, but I think there's a reg about posting pics of BDVs, (Battle Damaged Vehicles).

At least the ones in current conflict.

JAsher45 said:
These are some pics of ASV trucks used by recovery teams
Mabye a stupid question, but this is 2 threads on gun trucks now that I cannot see any pictures? Other threads Picts are fine, what is it with the gun truck threads?

Edit....Nevermind, it just took a long time for the picts to come up...must be high resolution.

pevrs114

I was stationed near a bunch of Marines (on the phase line at FOB Abu Ghraib where Army and USMC coverage overlapped). The Marines were using 5 and 7 ton trucks as guntrucks, many were upfitted with M2s, Mk19s, SAWs and M240s. IIRC, the 7T truck was an International with an uparmor kit. They used them as infantry support vehicles.

NorCalSpartan

Gun Trucks

Hello all, for being the new guy and reading this, I thought I would add my two cents. I was deployed to OIF III from Dec 04 to Jan 06 and the only gun trucks we used were M1114 Up-armored HMMWV's. The Armored Security Vehicles (ASV's) shown on the first thread were originally designed for the Military Police. They needed an armored vehicle to conduct convoy security. Much like the MP's of Vietnam (I would be guessing here). They look like a V-100, but in fact are brand new vehicles. They mount a .50 Cal M2 machine gun and a Mk19 40mm grenade machine gun. They carry a crew of three. Driver, Gunner, and ASV Commander. They have an additional seat towards the rear. Like everything else in Iraq, as units leave the equipment stays for the next unit. That is why engineers, trans co. , infantry, armor, and the MP's are using them.

Srjeeper

I'd rather give them a nice tall glass of Reverend Jim Jones grape Kool-aide! :lol:

(Some of you youngsters might have to do a google search on that one.)

I'm with CARNAC on this one. Nice big, cold glass of "Jimmy Juice"and some 'pork rinds' for our adversaries and we're square. Enjoy the ride friend.....:mrgreen:

shooter1

Abn 173 do you get out to benning much and if so what is the one setting under the shed in the back of main TMP the MP's have ????? Thanks Shooter1 columbus ga:?::?::?:

Old63B20

Hello all, for being the new guy and reading this, I thought I would add my two cents. I was deployed to OIF III from Dec 04 to Jan 06 and the only gun trucks we used were M1114 Up-armored HMMWV's. The Armored Security Vehicles (ASV's) shown on the first thread were originally designed for the Military Police. They needed an armored vehicle to conduct convoy security..
That is correct. My son received some training in one while he was stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, MO., for about six months, for 31Bravo, Military Police Training. They had gotten theirs in late 2007. From one of my contacts in Iraq, he saw one of the vehicles designed to withstand IED strikes take a direct hit underneath. The only KIA was the machine gunner in the turret. The vehicle was blown up in the air and then onto its side. All inside survived.

Driver523

When I was doing the consulting thing with Livermore in designing a gun box I was also tasked with giving them away, so I got to mail quite a few of the units in Iraq and also recieved a few CDs of the gun trucks they were using at the time, I'll start to post some of these trucks for you all, this first one is an early attempt, it took about 6 months to get it to this point so the commander scraped the project----enjoy-----------Driver

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks