• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I never said Hello

G_I_JOE

So here it is, Hello. Just turned Thirty yesterday and cleared by the wife to buy a m35a2. I want to restore it to look like the one my Dad used in Vietnam. Till then I hope to poke around and learn as much as I can. Thanks G-I-JOE

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and hug your wife for me. If she let you get a Deuce she has to be a good woman.

eagle4g63

Welcome.

Your wife has SEEN one of these up close right?!?! She fully understands what she said yes to?!?!

The reason I say(ask) is my wife was all peaches and cream about me getting my deuce, even showed her pics of them on the computer. Heck I even went as far as trying to get her to ride past one just down the street from me.......WELL.....I bought it WE went to go get it, and then it was a LONG ride HOME in my deuce!!!!! That was the day I was glad the wifes gun was still locked up at home....I think she might have been tempted:shock:

G_I_JOE

She Is a Great woman. Half the clothes for our one year old son are camo:D We drive by one for sale every week we go to her parents.

eagle4g63

That is cool, we've always bought many camo cloths for the kids (myself included). I think she mellowed out and chalked it up to me and my crazy ideas:p

After a guy almost hit our house last month(smashed into the deuce and it stopped him) she has seemed to warm up to it a lot, now she thinks it's cool(still doesn't want to ride around in it) Funny how that works!

steelandcanvas

Hello GIJOE! Welcome from the Plains of Colorado! You have a keeper there, hang on to Her! We are a visual bunch, so when you make the Deuce deal, we need photos! You'll get alot of help here with making your Deuce look like your Dad's in 'Nam.

3dAngus

So here it is, Hello. Just turned Thirty yesterday and cleared by the wife to buy a m35a2. I want to restore it to look like the one my Dad used in Vietnam. Till then I hope to poke around and learn as much as I can. Thanks G-I-JOE
Carnac has the distinction of actually owning one that he used in Vietnam. Amazing guy who can do something like that. The one I had in VN has some old bad memories with it so I wouldn't really want it, but I bought two others and am happy as a lark. You have to really admire a guy who can track something like down, then actually purchase it.
Anyway, Congrats!

sierra117

Welcome to the OD green madness, just wait, after you get this one you'll find yourself wanting them all. Even though you can't afford'em all

Orionspath

I about got the big D for picking up the M35A2C a few years back. Got her to put into the local July 4th parade out at the beach. Seems as if parade organizers forgot to call the local VFW to invite MV participation. Here we are 3.5 years later and when one of the "new guys" at the post called the house offering to buy the truck, my wife exclaimed, " No you cannot sell that truck, the children will be hurt!" I asked why the change of heart, she said, "Just like you, I've grown to love the happiness that truck brings"! If that doesn't beat all, I don't know what does! Think I'll keep her around another ten years (the wife I mean!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks