• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hiab knuckle boom crane

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Gimpy,
It's important to realize that only the crane is made by Hiab. All the rest, motor, hydraulics were put on by Tiffin. Hiab will help you with the crane part, Tiffin is who you will have to talk to about the rest. This is base on my limited experience with 2 months of crane ownership.
I do. I will be contacting them and Hiab about hose fittings. You had picked up 3 of the cranes, right?

Speedwoble

I do. I will be contacting them and Hiab about hose fittings. You had picked up 3 of the cranes, right?
Yes, I bought three 070A's. Sold one to MidnightDuramax. Have the other two running preparing to mount one on my deuce. These were converted with electronic solenoids and a wired remote vs the manual valves on the one you are looking at.

gimpyrobb

Thanks Doc, I figured you'd have a way around it!
Speed, I like the manual valves, I got used to them using my wrecker. I am getting kind excited.

Rattlehead

That is the exact same capacity/reach ratings as my Hiab, which is a "Speedloader Mod:550-2", manufactured in 1974. IIRC, Hiab told me that it weighs approx. 2400 lbs without the downriggers, so if you mount it on a trailer consider the tongue load (too much or worse, too little!). Mine is on a 5th wheel, so its not so critical. Makes the tractor ride like a Caddy!

Attachments

gimpyrobb

I thought you sold that! I looked through your thread when I was searching K-booms. Unlike your crane, mine seems to have 2 postioins to pin the main Cyl in. Seems that would adjust its height capability.

Rattlehead

Didn't sell it, just had not renewed my ad for a couple of months.

I see the 2 different pin locations now. Not sure of the benefit of going higher at that joint, it extends pretty far already. More reach would always be nice though!

gimpyrobb

I did not. The guy wasn't interested in selling it once I got there. He showed it to me but wasn't budging on price or willing to help load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks