• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Late Model USAF M35A2C Registry

2deuce

I bought another AF deuce since I last posted. It came from a fire dept. There were no bed sides, it wasn't complete, but by the time I went to get it they found everything except the tail gate. It was advertised as an 82, but I knew enough about them to know what it was. It has bad brakes. I need a MC for it. I ordered one from Summit on advice from here, but they won't have it to ship until September. It's frustrating waiting but don't know what else to do.
I have paperwork on a bunch of AF deuces that came with one of my trucks. I think they were all McCord trucks. If I see any of the truck serial numbers from this thread I'll post it.

Gypsyman

I'll throw my new to me M35A2C in the mix. Truck is from Hill AFB in Utah.

16,457 miles and 589 hours. Original LDT465-1D with C turbo.

Unit #: 87K2004
VIN: 1040-10067
Warranty Date: 05/87
WO/W Truck (winch has been added)

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had a lot of trouble getting my airforce truck's brakes working correctly. No matter how much i bleed them, they always take an initial pump of the peddle to firm up. This after replacing one of the boosters.

2manytrucks

Here's two more:

1040-11557 5-1989 No registration number anywhere, no winch
0940-10835 11-1985 86K-1133 no winch

I've bought the dual circuit masters at my local auto parts store which is a carquest. Regular catalog item, comes in a day or two. They didn't ask for a core.

The dual circuit has the best brakes of any deuce I've got and the pedal is firm with minimal travel even after sitting for weeks or a couple months. I fully rebuilt the entire system though. IIRC it was a bit of a pain to bleed out completely.

SgtJohnson10

Hello!

I just acquired a M35A2C with ID # 86K1273 0340-10903, but the blue warranty tag is dated 1-85. It does have the D turbo with a flapper on the stack. Showing 24,805 miles with 800 hours.

Attachments

Reactions: HDN

HDN

Hello!

I just acquired a M35A2C with ID # 86K1273 0340-10903, but the blue warranty tag is dated 1-85. It does have the D turbo with a flapper on the stack. Showing 24,805 miles with 800 hours.
Welcome to the deuce club!

Did that come out of the service with air-assisted steering?! That's what the warranty plate seems to indicate. I thought only the A3 trucks got that from the factory, but this is the Army we're talking about after all - anything can happen :p

SgtJohnson10

Welcome to the deuce club!

Did that come out of the service with air-assisted steering?! That's what the warranty plate seems to indicate. I thought only the A3 trucks got that from the factory, but this is the Army we're talking about after all - anything can happen :p
No air-assisted steering, unfortunately!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks