• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Totaled Deuce Gets Rebuilt

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i havent seen may deuces on this site look this bad. There was one where the dump trailer tipped over on it, the one where the guy was rear ended and of course, Gimp's epic deuce roll-over trick. This happed to mine when iw as driving it, went off the road just a LITTLE bit to meet a deep ditch with a rock cut on the other side. so what you see is where my deuce slid along the jagged rocks. It was only me driving, so no passanger and nobody was hurt except for some huge rocks. to answser everybodys first thought, no i was not drunk... but people will think what they want and thats what sucks. I drove it back out of the ditch and the couple miles home. this truck was my pride and joy and i put my heart and soul into it. fixed things on it that probably did not need fixing and was always on top of the PM'ing. im not sure what i should do with it now. as you can see it got everything except the drivers side fender and door... everything else was tweaked. the drivetrain i think is fine. engine lost some coolant but still runs fine. What do you guys think i should do with it? It still hurts to talk about it or even see the pictures. I have had more fun with that truck with the 2 years i have had it, it was amazing. what should i do? :oops:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, thank goodness your still alive. Second since everything is tweaked this would make a good truck to modify or bob. Man, thats a scary event.

DeucesWild11

Ouch.. looks like you went through a **** of a ride.. Here is what I would do..Based on your location you are pretty close to Kublos.. I was just up there a few weeks ago for by 395's.. Kenny has like 100 deuces on his lot, perhaps you can buy one of his that has some bad parts that are good on yours, combine the two and make one great truck.. then you'd be back to ...:mrgreen:

davey8943

Yikes!

Thank the good Lord you are still with us!

Good luck with the rebuild / salvage. There are still lots of good parts on it... but maybe not enough to fix the damage.

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."

- Alexander Graham Bell

Good luck and God Bless.

Dave

gunboy1656

Ouch, glad your ok and you did not have anyone in the pass seat.

Might be a little expensive but you could fix it up or make a trailer conversion out of it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sorry this had to happen to someone's "pride and joy". You would be time and effort WAY WAY WAY ahead to start on another truck.I wouldn't start working on it without checking the frame first. Are you insured? I would then start with my insurance company, but I have full coverage on all my vehicles.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea, i know it sucks, but im not going to dwell on it forever. lessons learned, keep my head up and move on. I had full coverage and they totaled it. i bought the deuce back and used some of the money to pay my $2600 doctor bill from my broken leg where a deer ran into me on my motorcycle. so i dont have much money to play with, but a good thing i have all winter to shop for parts or another truck. the truck does not fit inside the garage, so all work would have to be outside if i fixed it. Kublos wanted about $2500 for the parts and i was thinking i might be able to get another truck for all of that. I thought i could get another truck from GL somewhere for that i would think. The only thing bent frame wise is the bumper and winch frame extension.

CanonNinja

if the frame and mechanics are good on it, you can get a cheap truck and make one out of it. or convert to a trailer and cover your costs by selling out what you dont need, keeping spare parts, and scrap the rest.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried putting wax on it, but it just smeared and looked worse. Haha. So looks like i am looking for a cheap truck or keep my eyes open on GL... have to go preview it first...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your in one piece, so thats good. I'd find another truck and use yours for parts. Everything looks tweaked, Cab, bed, etc... Lots of good donor small parts on it though.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As bad as that truck looks, it DID what it was designed for, take a HE!! of a beating and still be able to get the driver out of the situation to safty, The results if this had been a civi rig would not have been pretty and for sure not 'drove it 10 miles home", there is very good chance of major injure or death.

Sorry about the truck, glad your OK

austinaubinoe

Glad you're ok. I assume the seat cushion is totaled?
HAHAHAHAHA

If you have the space, buy a new cab and bed! May be easier just to buy a deuce with no engine, trans, etc and swap in your good parts. Any new bits on the totaled truck could be transferred also.

Could then make a trailer out of the remaining frame/bed/axles, but would probably be better off selling the extra axles and scrapping the rest. I cant believe that drove 10 miles!! Must have been quite a sight!

Autocar

Why not get another one, swap the good parts onto it and keep the wrecked one. Pound out as much damage as possible and use it for off-roading: kind of like a rock crawler. You can have fun beating the crap out of it and not worry about dinging up your good truck.

3dAngus

It will cost you some up front, but I would buy another from GL and scrap this one out.
You won't lose any money if you're patient. You have the yard for it. After you buy the deuce from GL, and inventory the parts needed, you can sell the rest right here for those who need them. Then haul the heap to the scrap yard and get even more.
You should do better than break even. If you didn't have the parts count there, I might suggest buying a "known" vehicle from another SSer. You can afford to take the risk with GL now.
Good luck, and I'm glad you're OK.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear you made it out unscathed. Someone was smiling upon you that day.

As far as your truck's disposition, there seems to be a consensus to save it. If the frame is straight and all the drive train is all operational, strip off all the damage saving the good parts. Go find a POS donor truck (dead or barely running) with good body parts and perform a face lift.

In the end it will still be your pride and joy with all its heart and soul. I hope this helps. Good luck with your endeavor and keep us posted on whatever you decide to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks