• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Totaled Deuce Gets Rebuilt

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure your deuce is looking better than mine. Jerk. :) The 105 has the original 2006 paint on it. It is pretty.

i dont think so. i dont think my paint lines will match up with my cargo cover, so you got me there!

i still need to put the windows in mine and either get new windshield seals or adjust the windshield more. im leaning on new seals. my old cab was pretty water tight.... no reason i cant get this one good too.

I have read threads about windshield window seals and still have questions about finding some seals that are made in the USA. i would rather not go imported with them as i heard they did not fit good. anybody have any ideas? I will also check other threads and see if they have input. Thanks!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little update on my Deuce. Since I got the Deuce back on the road (July 10th) I have driven it 2438 miles so far. I drive it to work almost all the time, to my girlfriend’s apartment 34 miles away, and everywhere in between. I have not had one problem at all with it since I put it back together! Everything is working great! Another note, since I put the head gaskets on, intake and exhaust gaskets, the engine seems to be using less oil than it did before. I don’t think I changed any other gaskets on the engine that would reduce an oil leak. I have noticed there is less of a mess on the right side of the block than before (head gaskets or intake/ exhaust gaskets seeping). I know how injection pumps can make oil, but I don’t think it is. It still would be nice to replace the O-rings just to do it as a PM, but the injection pump intimidates me a little. I will have to research it a little more.

Anyway, I just wanted to give that as an update. It was a long road to getting it back up and going, but I don’t regret fixing the truck back up at all. At least I know exactly what the truck is like inside and out. Thanks again everybody for reading my posts and keeping my moral high to get it done. I have definitely learned a lot rebuilding the truck. A special thanks to Doghead and Gimpy for helping me try to track down some parts. I’m very happy I got it rebuilt and can’t wait to take it to Rausch Creek next month! :driver:

BAZYRKYR

WildChild...you fixed your Deuce fast. Looks AWESOME! Did you do the paint? I want to paint my M109A3 soon but I just can part with thousands and thousands of dollars like with other custom vehicles and I have no idea what the cost to paint a MV is. Any tips on who does paint and what it should cost?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the paint from Rapco. It was under $400... i forget now. What i did was paint everything 383 green. Then i painted the 911 Black by holding the paint gun in one hand and the "paint by numbers" military paint guide in the other. Then after the black was painted, i painted the brown. I am happy with how it turned out. I love the truck!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished reading the entire thread. Very nice work Tom! I hope you're able to get it to Michigan to enjoy it.

GrizzlyEater

I voted for your deuce in the MV of the month poll before I read your post! Had I known that before I definitely would have appreciated voting for you even more! It is absolutly amazing how fast and awesome you fixed your deuce! I plan on getting mine this spring and hope to make it look at least half as good as yours! Nice work.

turnkey

WOW, what a wreck...Really tweek good ...glad you are ok......late at looking at it...Nice rebuild....So are you the before or after safety picture??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks