• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new 715 owner

bcowanwheels

These engines were state of the art in there day and built with all premium components hence the design. The timing chains was extreamly h/d and only went bad when the top end of the engine was starved for oil ( reason being the oil feed line went bad from passenger side of block to rear of cyl. Head. I have over 60k miles on my personal m715 with 0 problems, yes i dont drive it over 45 mph and i take good care of it. Just think 60k miles with 5:87 gears thats like almost 200k miles on a car engine..... The design of these engines was very well thought out. Hemi combustion chambers & hard valve seats , tuned exhaust manifold, steel crank, bullit proof ignition system, nodular iron connecting rods with big rod bolts, h/d hi-volume oil pump with easy replacement, extreamly fuel efficient and will run on very poor quality fuel nicely. It has tons of torque for its size. I,am a big fan as you can tell and thats why i,ve owned more than 25 of these trucks.

O.D. Fever

Well its Friday and no truck yet. Called the shipper and they don't know where the driver is. They gave me his number and no anser, left a message. Might have to put out an Amber alert.aua

O.D. Fever

If I'm not too busy at the store in the AM I will drain the fuel and add new, check the oil, add some batts or jump off a duece.... Maybe it will run. Its only 45 years old, what could go wrong?:D P.S. Annie says we are keeping this one.. Got to love her!!!

bcowanwheels

your lucky it got these before the holidays... being a retired owner operator trucker for 25 yrs I never let myself be put in the posistion of being without a load home on holidays as I didnt want to spend them in my truck or motel alone. so if there was nothing to reload in direction of home I just held off delivery "at home" until holiday past then delivered. alot of folk got mad but hey they wanted to be home with there family on those holidays too. also there being mad never phazed me 1 bit and I never answered my phone also because I knew who it was..... just the way it was and is still. glad it worked out for you the hauler muust have lived close or had a reload back his way.....
bob

O.D. Fever

He was a young man,local out of Hastings Mi., he was plaiged with break downs. He spent an hour at our shop using my tools to fix his lights, kinda important. He got a new pair of size 11 micky mouse boots as his tip/Chrismas present. He was happy.So I'm I. Joe:D

bcowanwheels

i,ve been into these trucks for 25+ yrs and own 11 right now. if you need any help with your truck just pm me. I know em like the back of my hand. 1st thing to do is replace oil line on back of cylinder head, 2nd is check t-case oil level, 3rd is brakes !!!!!!!!!!! catch up all maintence, grease and fluids. MERRY CHRISTMAS
BOB

O.D. Fever

Hello all and MERRY CHRISTMAS, tried to drain the tank today and the fuel looked and smelled good, got it all over me up to the elbows. So I stopped as that tank was full and it looked and smelled like good gas. So do I. I put in a set of good batts. from a mep002a and 1 shot of ether and it started and ran quiet. I had to turn up the idle a little. Went to take it for a test ride and could not get it in gear. I shut it down, put it in first and started it, it started and learched forward and was hard to shift and was making a noise like, rod knock, crankshaft end play. Shut it down and checked everything again. Put it in reverse and started it. Same thing , so I gave it gas and all kinds of nastie blew out of the exhaust and the clutch broke free. Now no grindind and have a working clutch. Still have the nastie knock that goes away at idle. Sounded like it was coming from the bellhousing. I pulled the inspection cover, man did it get louder. Found the flywheel running out and on closer inspection it was missing at least one bolt and nut. Also marks on the pressure plate from something , I assume the missing bolt. Time to tow it back to the heated shop and remove the transmission. All in all not a bad day.Customers in and out all day and still swinging wrenches.. P.S. I must finish the m1009 before the jeep. Joe:D

O.D. Fever

1009 is done for now, towed the UGLY YELLOW DUCK back to the shop and pushed it in with the 1009. I'll let it drip dry and on Sunday I will pull the trans and clutch and hopefully find the source of the knock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks