• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Broadalbin, NY

PaulPalmatier

It was a long time ago when all I wanted was to see Ft Carson getting smaller in the rear view mirrors. Funny ...you spend a lot of time thinking about getting away...once you are away...you wonder how all the people you knew are doing today.
4th Inf Divsion, HHC 1-8 drove a M54A2 for 3 years 1973-1976

LanceRobson

Paul, welcome for Sennett, NY and thank you for your service.

When I first joined the Army (1976) Fort Carson was my CONUS station of choice so, of course, in 29 years I never got anywhere near it.

You are right in the middle of the area covered by the Hudson-Mohawk chapter of the NY-PENN Military Vehicle Collectors Club.

The club website is at Home

There are three chapters (one each in the Southern Tier and Central NY) and each tries to get together once a month or so for an hour or two.

The Hudson-Mohawk folks are meeting on 8 January. The chapter point of contact is Jon Tennis who is here on SS as jatonka

You could private message (PM) him or get his email address from the club website.

I look forward to meeting you at some club or other MV related event.

Lance

SPCWarning

Welcome from Mississippi! I've been out of the Army for 20+ years now and stay in contact with only two that I served with. Time flies by. I hope you can locate some of the Soldiers you served with.
On another note, as G I Joe asked, what DO you drive now? Got an MV? In the market for one?
Welcome to the best MV site ever
Jimmy

PaulPalmatier

I am driving a Blue Propane Tanker (11,600 gallons) to make a living.

It seems so many people are into reenactment. Civil War, etc. Thought it would be cool to have a group to set up an area for Viet Nam era trucks, tents, uniforms. That's why I was looking into a M54A2. The one I drove all 3 years was a 1957 Kieser.

rlwm211

Welcome to the hobby.

There is another member of the NY-PENN club right in Broadalbin. The next meeting of the Hudson Mohawk Co. is at Ephratah Rod and Gun CLub 1 pm on the 8th of Jan.

Head out of Johnstown on Rt 67 and it is about 7-8 miles out about 1 mile from Ephratah.

Anything I can do to help let me know.

YankeeDuece

Thanks for the heads up. Never thought there would be that many people around with the same interest. Wonder if any of them ride Motorcycle too :)
Welcome from Clifton Park, NY-Penn, Hudson Mohawk.

When my slow friends call I ride the Harley, when my fast friends call the Hyabusa gets a work-out, you chose. I spend alot of time in Mayfield during the summer, on the lake. I look foward to a ride.

As Lance said, get in touch with your local MVPA chapter and let the fun begin.

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks