• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG From Colorado

Kauzi

Hey I'm new here, but used to drive an M1008, M1009, and an M35A2 Deuce back when I was in the Army (88-93). Ive been building jeeps for years, and wheeling all over Colorado and Utah. Decided to start a new Jeep build, and before I got started I though, I'd REALLY love to have an old beefy truck or blazer like I had in the Army...so I started looking, and here I am.

I'm leaving for Afghanistan the first week of 2012, for 1 year as a DOD Contractor, during that time I will be saving up money, that I was going to spend building another Jeep, instead I think Ill buy an old truck and fix it up...so essentially I came here to expand my options for finding one.

Not only that but Ive found guys that have the same interest as I do tend to be a lot more fun to talk to!

SPCWarning

Welcome Kauzi! Good luck on your hunt for an MV. If you don't find one here in the SS Classifieds when you're ready to purchase, I'm sure someone here will be able to point you in the right direction! Thanks for your Military Service also!
Jimmy

unclemikey

Hi there over the hill neighbor. Welcome to the madness. When you get back, we will find you a real fun toy, you are going to love it! Keep your head down for now. Thank you for your service. Gods speed.

greg burns

Kauzi:
Welcome from another Grand Valley resident. There is a fairly strong military vehicle presence in the area. You shouldn't have much difficulty finding a vehicle when you return to the state.

196thprober

Welcome to Steel Soldiers Kauzi! THANK YOU for your past service, and be safe during your contractor stint. You will learn a lot and should develop some good contacts here to help with getting the vehicle you want .

Take care,

Kauzi

Hey thanks for the welcome, Unclemike, and Greg, awesome looking Deuces! Glad to see some western slope guys! I would like to build something similar to your Deuce Mike, but not for a while. I think first I'm going for a CUCV, build it up right, something I can drive daily, and tow my Jeep to Moab with. But its still going to have some post apocalyptic sex appeal! Plenty of bug out storage, rugged, virtually unstoppable...guess we'll see where it goes, :beer:

G_I_JOE

Welcome and Hello. Keep safe and the perfect truck will be here when you return. Sounds like you can build a pretty awsome truck, so I look forward to pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks