• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012 Chehalis summer event.

Are you attending AND What is a good date?

• I'll be there 100%

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Most likely will attend.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No interest this year. Sorry Aaron, I don't like the free food and good times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Traditional date.(w/parade) July 20-22

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • July 27-30. No parade.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Aug 3-5. No Parade

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Aug 10-12. No Parade

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ABN173

Aaron,

I will attend if able, as this may be my last PNW rally. For those that did not know already I will be PCS'ing to FT Hood, TX in September 2012. I'm looking for a decent M35A2 between now and then (I am planning on using it for DITY move so my settlement can basically pay for it) There are some schools I have to attend prior to leaving WA so I can only hope that they will not conflict with the rally dates. I also need a tow bar to pull my M1008. Anybody have any of the above items send me a PM please. I have seen some decent stuff at great prices but on the opposite side of the USA. Aaron, you have been a wonderful host all these years! Thanks for doing what you do for us all.

-Dale

Amer-team

Aaron count me in as a serious maybe depending on the Airshow. Will try to match your date schedule. That was very cool to be in the parade with that many large trucks. I have not heard from McChord yet, but will start trying to make connections to see if they want a display. Don't want to steal the thread, but if any of you have an interest in a display at Centralia on the 4th of July and a parade, let me know. I have been doing that for 12 years and lunch is included. Peter

Thunder in NWOR

You all may wish to consider attending the annual Fort Stevens HMV campout event.
August 17-19, 2012.
Coordinated by Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon.
Willy and Joe club and other clubs are participating this year.
Steve N. (503,381,0754 for more information) is the event contact.
Interesting place is Ft Stevens. And a great time!

jets1959

Aaron you might want to add a link to the members map section to get people to add to it. I was completly unaware of until today. Looking forward to whatever weekend it will be. The traditional week end is best for me, but will just have to go after work again any other week end. :popcorn:

bshupe

Maybe this is a silly question to others but I would hate to make the drive and then find out I should have asked this question now. lol

Is the rally/camp-out open to all comers? .... even ones with MVs that are not really trying to be original restoration specimens?

Thanks!

ABN173

Maybe this is a silly question to others but I would hate to make the drive and then find out I should have asked this question now. lol

Is the rally/camp-out open to all comers? .... even ones with MVs that are not really trying to be original restoration specimens?

Thanks!
AaronW (our gracious host for the event) I'm told is not online much at the moment as he is busy, however I'm sure I am not out of line in saying that all are welcome to attend. Its a great event and fun for all, including family.

-Dale

bshupe

Thanks Dale - I will start warming up the gear and hopefully when a date is nailed down we will have the weekend open. I know my sons will love it! Oh and me too. On second thought I might be better off leaving the boys home. The last thing my wife will want is a whole house of boys with green fever. lol

ABN173

Thanks Dale - I will start warming up the gear and hopefully when a date is nailed down we will have the weekend open. I know my sons will love it! Oh and me too. On second thought I might be better off leaving the boys home. The last thing my wife will want is a whole house of boys with green fever. lol
Heck bring the Mrs. along too perhaps she will catch the bug and be assimilated also! I know my wife did not "get it" until all the snow hit and she had to start driving my CUCV in 4WD, now she thinks its great! (oh yeah I'm deployed so I was not there to help so I had to talk her through the 4WD stuff) My wife normally attends but had to skip last year due to work schedule.

-Dale

ABN173

I think my wife could resist even under water boarding. lol
Ah come on, its not just about MV's there is great company and great food. Last year we even had a real fire breather show for entertainment! My 9 year old Daughter was amazed! Seriously it was a professional level show we had!

Here is last year's event thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...chehalis-river-valley-m-v-convoy-campout.html

Check out page 58 for the fire show pics and all the rally pics from pages 58-68

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks