• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

howdy folks

halogrinder

Im Alex ........

known on pirate4x4 and around the world as being the general retard lol

regardless, i came on here to gauge an interest in miltary parts.

see, my great uncle owns THOUSANDS of miltary parts in The Netherlands. like a 100,000 sq meter building 3 stories tall FULL of new military equipment, and a mile or so of box cars that are STUFFED with anything you can think of that has decommissioned.

Im trying to see if it would be worth it for me to get some of his parts put in a 20 or 40 foot container and have it brought over here.........

obviously that is a huge venture into the unknown, and of course before i start selling stuff here ill get my vendor status set up and/or whatever else.

all i want to do is see how interested people would be about it, and who would be commited on thinking they would spend money, wait 6 months for it to get here and have a smile on their face :D

oh- and if you are in houston and need some work done on your vehicles- let me know :D
alex

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't expect people to front you any money on this venture. I'm sure people would be interested depending on what the parts are after you've established yourself here on the site. I must admit, at face value this sounds a little fishy.

RAYZER

Im Alex ........

see, my great uncle owns THOUSANDS of miltary parts in The Netherlands. like a 100,000 sq meter building 3 stories tall FULL of new military equipment, and a mile or so of box cars that are STUFFED with anything you can think of that has decommissioned.

Im trying to see if it would be worth it for me to get some of his parts put in a 20 or 40 foot container and have it brought over here.........

obviously that is a huge venture into the unknown, and of course before i start selling stuff here ill get my vendor status set up and/or whatever else.

all i want to do is see how interested people would be about it, and who would be commited on thinking they would spend money, wait 6 months for it to get here and have a smile on their face :D

alex
It depends!nopics

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If they are common parts for trucks that people here own and you can price them right you will do a land office business.

You can do mail order/craigslist/ebay or you can haul them to MV shows and rallys.

One issue you are going to have is getting the Federal Stock Numbers and make sure of what parts you have.

Some parts are universal such as lights on the duece and 5 tons.....others are specialty parts and you may sit on them a while before you sell them.

If you deal honestly with folks you should be able to sell your wares here also.

halogrinder

no worries boss, i am honest as the day is long. Im well known over on pirate4x4 and also moderate.

I can toss up some pics, maybe that will make it more legitimate?

lemme get some pics going :D

i have tons of pics.
everything is categorized and labeled from what i saw.

Attachments

RAYZER

Im Alex ........

oh- and if you are in houston and need some work done on your vehicles- let me know :D
alex
Uh...wow that's alot of parts!! I would like the new gauge panel please!!

halogrinder

Last edited:

stampy

It costs about 2-3K to bring over a container. I say build it and they will come. I think maybe you take orders and ask for 10% of your part cost up front then the rest when the container arrives and the part is ready to ship. If anyone cancels you keep the 10%, make this part of your agreement.2cents

halogrinder

its a great idea.

my issue is *what* to bring over here. then *where* to put a container (that im sure has to be unloaded, not just stored) ...... THEN shipped :D

regardless, im a budding entrepreneur trying to break out of the 7-6 grind i have been doing for 10 years.

KsM715

I am looking for a M38 Jeep in a crate. Should be about $50 or so, so I hear.
rofl Put me on the list for a "Jeep in the crate"

Halo. You bring it over and it will sell. It looks like your sitting on a gold mine. But be aware, this site is nothing like pirate4x4, most here dont take to well the kind of stuff that happens over there. This is mostly a G rated site and family friendly, get on the wrong side and its hard to get "un-banned"

Just a friendly reminder (I've seen some of the antics over there and recognize your name. no glitter bombs please):razz:

halogrinder

rofl Put me on the list for a "Jeep in the crate"

Halo. You bring it over and it will sell. It looks like your sitting on a gold mine. But be aware, this site is nothing like pirate4x4, most here dont take to well the kind of stuff that happens over there. This is mostly a G rated site and family friendly, get on the wrong side and its hard to get "un-banned"

Just a friendly reminder (I've seen some of the antics over there and recognize your name. no glitter bombs please):razz:

i try to mind my P's and Q's on other forums. i know they dont run like them. no glitter in boxes? :( :razz:

im kinda new to the military game........ besides this forum, where else would posting this stuff help?

also- who is in Houston who has a GOOD/EXCELLENT knowledge of this stuff? i would compensate to help me value this stuff *if* i bought/brought it over here.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any body parts will move fast for US vehicles and you can get a pretty good bit of them in the containers. The smaller parts like the gauge panel and lights will move fast too.

Things like the pics of brake drums and frames will take up a lot of space in the container and be slow movers. I'm not saying don't ship these items. Just go with the easy stuff first to get you some cash flow going.

I have to ask, how does one amass such a large supply of US military parts in the Netherlands?

I've got a large warehouse (60,000sq ft) in TN that I can help you with storage and shipping if need be.

halogrinder

welp- thats what happens when you buy a small country out when they are demilitarizing and upgrading :D

that stack of deuce hoods were new, never used hoods lol..... what are there, 80 there? :)

imma get on the ball with this and see what type of money is involved to get a full 40' container over here with some "goodies" :beer:

now- since you guys know this better than I, what would be a good list of goodies? popular stuff. interesting things.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks