• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

howdy folks

stampy

I would be interested in hard top kits for my deuces, a spare alternator and starter too. Also I was saying take orders and 10% deposit that way you know what to ship over and it helps to pay for the container cost. Then once the container is here you can unload and people can send you the 90% so you can ship the part. That way no one feels like they are left out there hanging too badly. I don't know how long it would take to load a container (if they let you hold it more than 2 hours) but typical shipment is about 3-4 weeks

Sirblissfull

Sent you the contact info for the MVPA, local museum and a guy I know to be honest in the Houston area. At least one of them should be able to help you out.

halogrinder

I would be interested in hard top kits for my deuces, a spare alternator and starter too. Also I was saying take orders and 10% deposit that way you know what to ship over and it helps to pay for the container cost. Then once the container is here you can unload and people can send you the 90% so you can ship the part. That way no one feels like they are left out there hanging too badly. I don't know how long it would take to load a container (if they let you hold it more than 2 hours) but typical shipment is about 3-4 weeks

yea- that would be the only issue- finding a storage space for the container. my buddy imported a 40'er from indonesia for patio furniture- it took me/him/4 mexicans all day to unload it.... and it SUCKED to do.

the truck driver dropped off the trailer, so we couldnt just walk into the container- it was on the container trailer....

so if that was the case, the same thing looks like it will be with me- meaning ill prolly need a forklift and a pallet jack or something (i could tow-strap the pallets and pull them out with my truck if i have too)....

another thing- do i need an importation licence or some junk? ill have to do more research :-?

mcmullag

dealers

if it helps, maybe research the websites of dealers and see what they get for their parts. There are large dealers here in the states we get our parts from, some have been doing it since WWII.
Memphis Equipment, Saturn Surplus, Eastern Surplus, Boyce Equipment, Jatonka, etc. Maybe you have access to some rarer stuff that they may want to stock and get started that way. Who knows, worth looking into it further.

cpf240

If at all possible, an inventory would be a great help in determining what people are interested in. The pictures look fantastic, but I can only guess at what most of those parts are for. At the very least, a list of NSNs, even without a description, would be awesome!

halogrinder

I spoke to my uncle.
he thinks its a good idea. (yes!)
he wants to get rid of this stuff, so he has more room for his other business (yes!)
he deals with the parts in figure numbers, NSN, or descriptions (YES!)
he gave me a PDF (im sure its openly available) of a 5 ton truck *ARMY TM 9-2320-260-34P-2
AIR FORCE TO 36A12-1C-382-2 is the on the top of it, M809 5 ton 6x6......

I have to front the money (as expected).....
so.

now what :beer::twisted:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
PTOs, winches, heaters, steering kits, lights, lots of stuff would sell. I'll send a PM with some info.

runk

yea- that would be the only issue- finding a storage space for the container. my buddy imported a 40'er from indonesia for patio furniture- it took me/him/4 mexicans all day to unload it.... and it SUCKED to do.

the truck driver dropped off the trailer, so we couldnt just walk into the container- it was on the container trailer....

so if that was the case, the same thing looks like it will be with me- meaning ill prolly need a forklift and a pallet jack or something (i could tow-strap the pallets and pull them out with my truck if i have too)....

another thing- do i need an importation licence or some junk? ill have to do more research :-?
You are going to need to find a customs broker to accept the shipment at the port, and make sure all the duties / taxes are paid, and all the importation laws are met. Good news is Houston is a good (relatively cheap) place to do this. Some of the brokers also arrange the shipment from the port to you, otherwise you'll need a shipping company (or trucker with port access) to get the box out of the port. It is more expensive, but you can get the box delivered on a roll back so they can drop it off without a trailer. I don't have any current contacts, but if you know anyone who does oilfield or machinery / industrial import/export, it really helps to have a recommendation when you go looking for brokers, shipping companies, etc. The port is an "interesting" culture (although again, I think Houston is better then most).

Good Luck !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS.

Here we do a few things slightly different than over at Pirate...

We use capitalization.

We do not say "retard".

We use descriptive titles that helps when we search.

We use the search function.

We do not sell in the forums(we have a classifieds section).

We do not solicit others in the forums(unless answering a direct need posted).

We read the rules(that you just agreed to when you signed up).

And we follow them, or we get our threads closed/deleted, or worse...

Last edited:

halogrinder

Welcome to SS.

Here we do a few things slightly different than over at Pirate...

We use capitalization.Will do from now on.

We do not say "retard". Wont do it again- even if its describing myself

We use descriptive titles that helps when we search. This wasn't intentional.I meant to say howdy for a first post, and the thread kinda took off.

We use the search function.

We do not sell in the forums(we have a classifieds section). Im not selling or pimping, Im simply trying to gauge interest. and if/when I do this, it will be done correctly.

We do not solicit others in the forums(unless answering a direct need posted).

We read the rules(that you just agreed to when you signed up).

And we follow them, or we get our threads closed/deleted, or worse...
Gotcha chief.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks