• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greenie from wisconisn

tbared

Hello all,

Ive been a leach for some time here, reading posts and such. i would just like to say hello and thanks for all the info ive gotten over time. I do have a question though and am not sure were to post it too. I recently purchased a almost new F550 pickup and am in the process of mounting Michelin MPTs on it. The MPTs are of course used on HEMTT and other newer heavy military trucks( i actually gotem from local gov auction), anyways, in order to install on my truck i need new rims. I was contemplating using split rims from a HEMMT as well and having them recentered and such to fit my stock wheel bolt pattern. i Understand the weight of them and does anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has used the wheels on such a light truck. would i expect to have lug issues, axle bearing issues, and so on with the weight of the tire wheel combination.

Thank you in advance for any insight or comments

196thprober

Hello all,

Ive been a leach for some time here, reading posts and such. i would just like to say hello and thanks for all the info ive gotten over time. I do have a question though and am not sure were to post it too. I recently purchased a almost new F550 pickup and am in the process of mounting Michelin MPTs on it. The MPTs are of course used on HEMTT and other newer heavy military trucks( i actually gotem from local gov auction), anyways, in order to install on my truck i need new rims. I was contemplating using split rims from a HEMMT as well and having them recentered and such to fit my stock wheel bolt pattern. i Understand the weight of them and does anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has used the wheels on such a light truck. would i expect to have lug issues, axle bearing issues, and so on with the weight of the tire wheel combination.

Thank you in advance for any insight or comments
Tbared;

I should have thought of this before, you may want to start another thread with your specific (condensed) wheel conversion issue as the tag line, someone that may have an immediate answer for you may not even look at your 'Greenie from Wisconsin'. Just a suggestion.............

tbared

Tbared;

I should have thought of this before, you may want to start another thread with your specific (condensed) wheel conversion issue as the tag line, someone that may have an immediate answer for you may not even look at your 'Greenie from Wisconsin'. Just a suggestion.............

thank you for the thought, i will. i wanted to introduce my self before i pressumed that i would get a response to my querry, as being new to the forum. so i thought it bwest to start here and then adjust if i caused any problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks