• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can't drive off Camp Shelby anymore?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Csm D,

It has come about from many different cases of people pushing the limit and being overly pushy it still amazes me at the attitude of some who act like the gl personnel owe them full service and unlimited time to get their trucks up and going, or gl must load their trucks. The Govliquidation personnel at the M939 series lot have tried to be ashelpful as they can and have been run over by single buyers to largest corporations. I know of some on here and others that aren't on here that don't think the rules apply to them, and we can thank these people for the changing rules. .
I figured it came from some bad attitudes that happened from the recent mega-vehicle sales. I'm just glad no one was hurt or anything damaged. It's been several years since I've bought a truck from there, but I'm starting to look hard again. I didn't know how good I had it back then.

Tell the Bldg 6520 folks Hi from an old buyer who appreciated all their help. Maybe I'll get to see them again if some M915s come up.

vtdeucedriver

Why could you not take a 10ft. pipe, weld chain on both ends, wrap it around the bumpers/pintal or bolt it together, take two drivers and tow it off base. Just a crazy idea that has worked for me several times. :driver:
Do yourself and the rest of us a favor.............BUY A TOWBAR. Im sure someone on here will sell you one.

trukhead

Guess I should also point out I am a MP and local LEO if I see you get stupid I will stop you from hurting someone.
Cool! If a person is going to get involved in this hobby and with the heavy equipment such as trucks, one should do it in a safe and responsible manner. [thumbzup]

A few bad experiences and the private ownership of MV's could come to a screeching halt. aua

Safety First! :-D

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have seen many a guy just get a truck started up and then drive away. dont know if his brakes are good or not as long as it started up. :beer:we all need to do the best that we can in being safe these days. one wrong move and a accident is one of the worst things that could happen:driver:

Csm Davis

Update and one more time this is for the 939 series trucks, all the other stuff goes through the guys at the other lot, there are no permanent GL reps on Camp Shelby and to remove a 939series truck there must be a GL rep there. They are only there Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and you will need a APPOINTMENT! Call ahead guys things have got tighter on the government side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks