• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in Northern Virginia?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone in NOVA have experience dropping a 4L80 out from under a HMMWV? I need to pull mine to have it rebuilt. Don't have the facilities to pull the whole drivetrain, nor do I want to. Figuring on disconnecting the propellor shafts, unbolting the transfer case and crossmember, removing it, then the starter and the transmission. I have a motorcycle jack which I think can serve to support the TC and Trans as they come out. Plenty of connectors and piping along the way, but with all the room under a HMMWV I am hoping it's not too much to do myself.
Appreciate any comments from those who've done it.
Bulldogger

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone in NOVA have experience dropping a 4L80 out from under a HMMWV? I need to pull mine to have it rebuilt. Don't have the facilities to pull the whole drivetrain, nor do I want to. Figuring on disconnecting the propellor shafts, unbolting the transfer case and crossmember, removing it, then the starter and the transmission. I have a motorcycle jack which I think can serve to support the TC and Trans as they come out. Plenty of connectors and piping along the way, but with all the room under a HMMWV I am hoping it's not too much to do myself.
Appreciate any comments from those who've done it.
Bulldogger
Pretty much everything you said is the process. Leave the TC bolted on until you drop the transmission. One time I installed and uninstalled 3 4l80e transmissions in 1 week on one of mine...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks