• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in Northern Virginia?

Paladin6

Roger! Would not belong to it if I had the option. Thought they'd run a community center, not have people with too much time on their hands running around measuring the size of the potted plants on your porch or hyper-ventilating about the camo scheme on a vehicle and putting hoa violation stickers on them.

SignalNco

Welcome, I'm near Winchester, VA. My Father use to build troop gliders at the Sneed glider factory in Orange County before he went into the Air Corp during WW2. Hope they haven't torn down the old building yet.

bschermann

Hey I'm in Unionville. Moved from Warrenton last Sep. Have a M1009 on 1 ton axles and 37" H1 tires. Haven't driven it since I parked it here last Sep. just to much going on.

Later
Brian

Another Ahab

Welcome, I'm near Winchester, VA. My Father use to build troop gliders at the Sneed glider factory in Orange County before he went into the Air Corp during WW2. Hope they haven't torn down the old building yet.
I never heard that story before; was that one of many areas the gliders were produced, or one of only a few?

ross165123

Just moved to phenix va anyone with a M818 or like truck around there? I'm thinking about buying one and was wondering if you could lay some wisdom on me.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Ya I don't think anybody is guna be near phenix unless your Amish
I was under the impression all the Amish in this area were in either PA or Southern MD; and figured there might be Mennonites here in VA but never knew we had any Amish community here. What County is Phenix in?

And of course, welcome, by the way.

ross165123

I beleave its Charlotte county. Phenix has a population of 200 expecting a 1% increase this year witch was my wife and me

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Just moved to phenix va anyone with a M818 or like truck around there? I'm thinking about buying one and was wondering if you could lay some wisdom on me.
I beleave its Charlotte county. Phenix has a population of 200 expecting a 1% increase this year witch was my wife and me
M818 is the 5 ton tractor, right? Are you maybe planning on doing some hauling of some kind?

ross165123

No not really just a few horses here and there other then that it'll just be my toy replacing my f250. All road speed limits here are 55 so the slow speed of it won't be a problem. And yes its the best **** looking 5 ton tractor

Another Ahab

No not really just a few horses here and there other then that it'll just be my toy replacing my f250. All road speed limits here are 55 so the slow speed of it won't be a problem. And yes its the best **** looking 5 ton tractor
I agree with you:

- A must-have item for every respectable motor pool. :beer:

hoplite666

Good day to all,
For the longest time I've wanted to explore some of the OHV trails in and around Harrisonburg. I believe they are in the G.W forest.
I'm curious to know if anyone is familiar with these trails? I'm waiting on approval to join a local jeep forum, I'm sure the guys on there have been on these trails.
I'm looking for a place that's not too challenging but fun, where I can pull off and camp the night/park and hike around with my dog and just get out in the woods with my rig and some friends and my pooch.
Thanks for the input

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks