• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surplus Yards in Ga?

flippydidit

RE: !!

I think I might have to sell off my old lady so I can get some toys. I know I could use a water buffalo and some fiberglass to replace the wood on my troop seats. I wonder what kind of deal they would make for bulk purchases.......or maybe they'd just take the missus in trade.

Keep 'em shooting

Nate
-Gunsmith/Government Weapons Contractor

CycleJay

Hndrsonj,

Thanks for the information.

No worries, I do not need much, so perhaps they will have some or what I need left.
I just wonder how reasonable is reasonable though.

I would like to make a road trip out there, it is not too terribly far away from me.
Only about 58 miles...

Night...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are no M1009's there. Only a few tops left.

Prices aren't that reasonable either honestly. A local junkyard price will be much better for a CUCV part (except for the electrical of course).

That said, there's about 4 M1010 carcasses left since the last time I was there.

3dAngus

Its always 100% profit plus when you have the exporters license. More overhead with paperwork and documentation and files that need be kept to govt. Standards but well worth the effort.

Im sure they would much rather sell whole refurbished vehicles to foreigners then Americans because of it but parts might be another matter. What a fantastic business.

I wonder if they are still able to buy HMMWVs for foreign sales.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They're not doing HMMWVs anymore. They DO however have a rolling chassis they'll sell.

$10,000.

Royalpower

salvage yard in GA HMMWV

Does anyone know of a location or a connection to a salvage yard or anywhere that we can get scrap parts for M998s? I hear there is one in GA but I can't figure out where. :jumpin:

Last edited by a moderator:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know CSI in Tallapoosa had one or two hulls laying around, but they like their wares. There's SECO out in Augusta, but they're even more proud of their wares.

What are you looking for specifically?

impulsive21

Steel Soldiers Supporter
have another one . john booth jr. has a yard in havana , he has some good stuff have to call him to meet at his place . i met him at a parade in perry . prices are definetly on point and not outrageous like some people. has ww2 stuff jeep parts motors dueces m1009's or whats left of em. trailers humvee parts electronics all kinds of stuff. he migh be able to tell you if he has it or you might have to go out and forage with him . its not a big lot with 100's of trucks but you might be able to find what your looking for.

john h booth military surplus 1-850-510-1405

he has some great stories too.

Last edited:

Royalpower

have another one . john booth jr. has a yard in havana , he has some good stuff have to call him to meet at his place . i met him at a parade in perry . prices are definetly on point and not outrageous like some people. has ww2 stuff jeep parts motors dueces m1009's or whats left of em. trailers humvee parts electronics all kinds of stuff. he migh be able to tell you if he has it or you might have to go out and forage with him . its not a big lot with 100's of trucks but you might be able to find what your looking for.

john h booth military surplus 1-850-510-1405

he has some great stories too.

Thanks! I called him and we had a chat, nice man. He said he only has soft doors for right now.

Looking for a place to pick up some soft doors in serviceable condition. I found a set of 4 that need some new zippers and maybe replace a window for 325 shipped but if I could I would like to see what I'm getting first. I live in Douglasville GA so CSI doesn't sound to far. Read the threads, those of you that have visited, did you see any doors? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks