• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 studebaker

aja458

found a 1952 studebaker-earthborer and polesetter for sale by auction in cali. site is publicsurplus.com
the auction is 159399 item #712
or browse the heavy equipment link.
hope this interests somebody

JDToumanian

Cool! I've been thinking of ways to justify getting more MVs... :idea:

I always wanted to drill an illegal well. Also, I would finally get to tap into the oil under all the worthless sand in my yard. I guess while I'm at it I could put up some phone poles, too.

I'm gonna be stinkin' rich. 8)

Jon

Attachments

JDToumanian

It really is in nice shape. Someone here could probably get it for a song, as it's a somewhat more obscure site than GL.

Hopefully it goes to someone who wants to restore it...

Jon

rdixiemiller

That one definately needs a true restoration. They are scarce as hens teeth! I would hate to see someone chop it up for the axles! I have only seen one up close, and it had been used to death by an electrical co-op and junked years ago.
Bruce Kubu! Where are you?

RICE670

This is the third one I know of.I own a 1953 v18a, and have been looking for them for awhile now.I am pretty sure jatonka has one also.

JDToumanian

If anyone is seriously considering buying this truck, please PM me. I may be able to assist in removal and temporary storage, I have a towbar and a big yard, and this truck is 5 hours from me. If nobody is thinking of buying it, I will probably bid to try to "rescue" it...

Jon

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Why does it always seem that the cool (aka odd) deuces are always thousands of miles from me?!

Hope someone saves it.

David

JDToumanian

Unless someone tries to talk me out of it, I am going to go for it. At the very least, someone else is not going to get it cheap. It's within easy reach of my deuce and towbar...

It will get action in the last minutes of the auction... I have a big reminder on my bedroom door so I don't forget it!

Jon

jatonka

I do have one of these V18A-MTQ pole setters. It might be more rare than any other deuce, along with the V17A-MTQ tel. maintainence truck. I can't drive all the way out there to pick it up, so, soldiers, go for it. John Tennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks