• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ibis Tek HID 66" Light Bar on my M813A1

TedG

I finally had time to install one of my 66" HID Light Bar on my 5 ton. Easy installation and the cable drop goes right into the battery box. The control wires fit in the existing hole in cab floor by NATO slave cables. The brackets are for M1114 hmmwv's with but they fit almost perfectly for M800 and M35 series cabs. I drilled 2- 3/8" holes throught the vertical window jamb. Being very carefull to be level and not placing them where the bolts would interfere with the windows or doors, I was able to mount the light bar in about 2 hours and have it operational! I drilled the top hole about 2.75" down from the top edge and the bottom hole around 12.5" from same point. There are 3 layers of metal that need to be drilled through and that was challenging. The outer metal is thin so when tightening the bolts, I used a fender washer on the bracket to keep the thin metal from compressing too much. The brackets had to be bent in just a little to connect to the light bar. Anyway, project is done and I am happy plus it does not interfere with my M66 turret! The hood will still need to be secured in the open position. The tan looks good with 383 CARC!

The control box will mount directly on the dash to the right of the instrument cluster. That I will do next.

Attachments

TedG

Dave, my clients are in the regroup mode from the holidays. Busy time is coming....again!

I have a bunch of these 66" HID lights and soon I will post an ad in the classifieds along with my 78" Halogen light bars. Please go there for more info.

I did not go with LED since I have a bunch of these and they are much less expensive. The center rectangular lights are IR. Remove the red screen and they are white LED's, 4 IIRC. BTW these are 24vdc.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very Nice?
Ted, what gets mounted in the two empty slots, or what are those slots for?
Thanx

There are no empty slots, those are the IR lights.
Those are amazing light bars. Lots of light. Looks great on his 813 and Hmmwv.

TedG

Like Eric wrote, they are IR lights for you NVG owners. The IR lights habe cooling fans on them too. Now I am thinking about mount a set on my Unimog 406!

TedG

For those who have bought, please post pictures your installation and any advice you have.

Vintage iron

I just finished putting on my 66" light bar on my M813. I ended up cutting the brackets down to bring the light closer to my hardtop. I can't see the light bar from inside the cab and I like it better. the kit is well designed and easy to install. I used rivet nuts to bolt the brackets to my windshield posts. there is plenty of wire to route the wires which ever way you want.

Attachments

Vintage iron

You open them by hand. The guard is beefy and I can travel at highway speeds with it down. These lights are great, one of the coolest things I put on my truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks