• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what followed me home last night

6x6pinz

Much to the wifes dismay another Pinz followed me home last night. The previous owner wanted it to go to a nice home where it could be well taken care of. I am looking forward to long drives in the woods with it and spending lots of time offroading the smaller version of my first Pinz (still have it and probably always will).

6x6pinz

After two and a half years of following/leading the 4X models around on the trails in our 6X and seeing how much fun they were having I think she will enjoy the 4X once it settles on her. I don't know if she will be comfortable with my driving it as aggressively as I drove the 6X though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
cool. good luck :jumpin:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Can you tell us the year and give us a little history on the two of them you own? I will post some pictures of a Mercades truck that was really cool, I snapped them up in Iraq as it was on a flatbed being shipped.

6x6pinz

Both trucks are Swiss Army surplus vehicles. The 1972 6x (712M) I bought 2 and a half years ago, first civilian owner. The 712 must have been one of the favorites as it saw some pretty heavy use. It is was in the troop carrier configuration and appears from the wear to have been used alot for transporting troops around. Some of the 712's were used to haul equipment as the beds show signs of damage from equipment being shifted during transport.
The 1975 710M 4x model I just picked up is also in troop transportation configuration. It was imported into the country in 2001 by one of our current SWPA members. He no longer brings trucks into the country but still owns one and gets out with it alot. I am the second civilian owner of the 710. The guy I bought it from was going to use if for advertising his business but never got around to doing anything to it. The only thing he has done was to change the tires to radials and let it sit around and collect dust.
I really enjoy the Pinzgauers for their usabiltiy. I can use them as I would a regular vehicle but when they get off road it is hard for regular vehicles to keep up. I am anxious to see the Dodge M37 that I recently purchased for my son perform off road. We are in the process of getting it fixed up.

Boatcarpenter

Hey Mike, I'm sure you know these guys already, but here is a link to the Pinz dealer about an hour from me. There is also a fella in Keene(about 5 Miles from me) that sometimes has them for sale. Sometimes I see him and a few others cruising around town covered in mud! Whenever he has one placed around town for sale my truck automatically pulls over for me so I can take a look. Maybe someday.
BC

6x6pinz

And someday I would like to have an M35 but until then I will have to stay with the smaller toys. I think we need an MV motor pool so we could drive all kinds when ever the desire struck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks