• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos of My M916

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also changed the thermostat in the truck today - The fan seems to come on when it should, but the temperature reading by the gauge was always very low. It would read about 175 when it was up to temperature and driving around town. When I'd get on the freeway, it'd drop to 145F. That seems way too low for correct operation. I have never seen it read anywhere near 190F. After talking with Soni about it, we decided that the truck may not have a thermostat installed in it. I opened it up and discovered that it had a thermostat in it and it also worked correctly according to my test. :(

Using a IR thermometer today, everything seemed okay. No leaks. No cold spots on the radiator and all the hoses and tubes were at least 150F. The turbocharger read 350F. :shock: Maybe the gauge is really off. I have another gauge I can try and maybe I'll put some cardboard over the radiator and see what happens.

On a side note, you don't need to buy the $100+ seal installer tool for the NTC400 thermostat seal, you can use a 2" socket. I believe the NHC250 uses this same seal with a different thermostat. You can see my incredibly complex and expensive $3200 work table here. :-o

Attachments

Artisan

I set my thermostat "Seal" quite easily w/ the bottom of a normal rattle spray paint can. Piece of cake. (NHC-250)

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I set my thermostat "Seal" quite easily w/ the bottom of a normal rattle spray paint can. Piece of cake. (NHC-250)
I tried that too, but I couldn't hit the rattle can in the middle with a mallet and have it do anything but rock back and forth.

M920

SWEET! That first pic looks like a birds eye view......did you take that from the cab of your HET? lol

Soni

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the fender mounted pedestal lamps with LED versions. They are made by Trucklite.

I had to sand the chrome paint off and prime and paint it a more suitable color. I still need to wire it up and get an electronic flasher for the truck. It was otherwise a drop in item.

LEDPedestals-01.jpg LEDPedestals-02.jpg LEDPedestals-03.jpg LEDPedestals-04.jpg

I also changed out the air lines by the fifth wheel to the non coiled type. I believe these to be more durable, and they're also less expensive. I plan on adding some of the hydraulic cable spiral protective wrap around the hoses where they pass though the frame and by the winch.

trailerhoses01.jpg trailerhoses02.jpg

I think they look better than what was installed backwards on there.

IMG_2548.jpg

Bighurt

Your M916 starts just fine with only two batteries?
I run 4 in my M915a1, but the M925 has two cheapo walmart batteries for a small car. I believe they are 600 CCA, and it purrs to life with just the flick of the lever. The M915 only needs a second on the button but its a noticeable difference.

Some of them just start better. Motor differences aside every engine has behavior tendencies, starting is just one in a long line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks