• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any chance of pulling an oil cooler off a NHC 250 Cummins? This would be the 800 and 920 series of trucks.

KsM715

EMD567, I'll try to remember and PM you before I go next time and see if you still need it. I was going to try to remove a front driveshaft for another member but several things stopped me, 1. the yard was just to wet and muddy to lay on the ground and pull it. 2. Glens workers had a truck set up off the ground but it was just to spooky for me to work under it. (yeah I'm a chicken) 3. I did not realize how big that shaft really is. I only brought my little Jeep TJ and I dont think I could have fit it inside.

As usual Glen was very gracious and very fair on prices. There is no need to steal from him.

When the next lot of trucks come in us locals guys need to set up a day when we all go out there with tools and help glen out and spend a day parting out and stock piling all the salvagable (sp?) parts. (windsheilds, gen/alts, control boxes ect. )

Attachments

KsM715

The way Salina stacked and banded them pretty much took care of the tool boxes.

Heres the stuff I picked up yesterday. Glen, when I tore open that bag of bolts I found the packing list and its for mounting a fuel pod on those 5 ton trailers. Since I found the 3 ground in rods and there were plenty of those big heavy Angle pieces, I'm thinking there were 3 kits total there but only found the turn buckles for 1 and the 1 bag of bolts. Wonder if theres more under there.

Attachments

Sirblissfull

When/if you guys get to stock piling save me some LED lights. Its a luxury I can not afford to buy new.

PTOs and winch systems would be nice too.

Monkeyboyarmy

What are one of those 1061 trailers worth in scrap. Maybe I could pick one of those up when I come out and choose a 923? :) I hope that this sob thief doesn't ruin it for everyone. Too many good parts to get scrapped.

KsM715

I'd like one of those trailers too but when they got piled up alot of the brake hardware got tore up. (Not Glens fault, They are a metal recycler after all, and time is money)

Unfortunatley I can not scrape up enough cash to buy one outright before it goes to the crusher. (Unless Glen and Pete and make me a good deal) But I'm happy with the way it works now. The way I understand it , Pete, the money man behind BFR, would have to set the price on the trailers, not Glen, Glen gets to do the small stuff and stuff that doesnt bring money in the crusher but those 5ton trailers are all steel and with what the scrap dealers get for their scrap (not what they pay us to bring it in) I dont think I could buy one.

I thought maybe those slide hammer ground rods were for generators but after going over the partslist I found, they are for grounding the fuel pods. I dont know they value of them but Im keeping one to build a slide hammer. And the turn buckles will be for tying down my S-250 shelter when/if I find a suitable trailer.

Last edited:

212sparky

after seeing that truck perched like it is in person their is no way i would go near or put my guys in that position. I am the safety guy where i work, and i used a picture of that in my quarterly safety meeting we have. I think it will make my guys think twice when trying to set up equipment.

KsM715

That thing is pretty sturdy. I shook it to see if it wanted to move but I just couldnt get that creepy feeling out of my head when I looked under it to check out the driveshaft. However with that said, if you look closely in the other pics you will see one of those trailers stacked on top of one of the tool boxes. I too shook that trailer to see if it would move, when it didnt I stuck my head (half my body really) under there to retreave the turn buckles, ground rods and assorted bolts. It never moved. But later when Glen and his friend came over I showed them the tool boxes, when I was over loading up my Jeep I heard someone yell and heard the trailer roll right off the top of that box. Where I was I would have been crushed and no one else was in that yard at that time. You just never know when that stuff will move.

jasonjc

KsM715 if you get back over then I need some windows and black out cleance lights for my M129 van. It takes the same window as the M820 trucks. Glen had some pulled for me but he left them in a truck and well :popcorn: lets just say they are no more. I don't know when I can get up there.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is anybody in the area, I will pay them good money to pull a M939 complete front driveshaft and ship it to me.

91W350

If there is anybody in the area, I will pay them good money to pull a M939 complete front driveshaft and ship it to me.
I hopefully will have that off for you tomorrow night. I got started and ran out of light....providing the rain holds off.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hopefully will have that off for you tomorrow night. I got started and ran out of light....providing the rain holds off.
Thanks! As I said in the PM, no hurry, I just wanted to make sure I had a source for one.

KsM715

Between Glen, MWMULES, and myself I had no doubt you would get one, he's got several trucks there.

Glen, don't let that truck fall on you. What a loss that would be, all those parts gone to the crusher with no way for us to get them. Oh yeah I'd hate for you to get hurt too.:p

91W350

That truck perched on top of the iron is setting very solidly. I drained all of the fluids out of it and nothing wobbles. I watched Pete set that five ton up there, it was quite the feat for the John Deere crawler he was operating. Let's just say that truck is more weight than the Deere had any business trying to pick up. The front shaft in question is in the bed of my Dodge. I saved the flange hardware and will send it with the shaft.

kstate90

Glenn the power steering sector and pump that I picked up two Saturdays ago fixed our problem on the fire truck. Oil cooler is out on it now so hope to get it fixed tommorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks