• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

kstate90

I wish I could have done that. We fought fire all day yesterday and had another one this afternoon. I am trying to get my milo and cornstalk ground sprayed so I ended up ordering one. I may pick up one for a spare when I come get the tires. I will call you about some of the other wish list items I need to get for spares. I may come down Saturday if I can get away. If it doesn't rain this week Saturday will be a big burn day for all the weekend burners. So it might not work out. I would sure like to try out those Goodyears on the 6x6. The UDT did ok yesterday but a little more grip would help.

builderboy

rare find

this place is truely a rare find... lots of good parts! I can't believe someone would try and betray the trust in the MV world.

Can't wait to get back to and look around.

Thanks Glen !!:beer:

davesgmc

hey glen if you get this today before mwmules leaves, tell him yes, i am still looking for those parts. he can call my cel 913 669 7446 or work 913 432 9911.......and tell him to get a cel phone! lol

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry man, you got a cell and it said you were not receiving calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again thank you Glen, got another load on the little trailer. Not to worry Dave we can go back out next week. BTW the 923 is still firmly up in the air.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those M1061 trailers are pretty sweet for hauling stuff guys, it's a shame they all got piled up like that, but maybe someone can save a few. They are easy to load and have a 5-ton rating, Stretch made great use of his for hauling firewood with the sides he put on, could even be a nice low-deck car hauler if you put some ramps on it.

Keep the pics coming!

A friend and I went up a couple days ago to pull parts for Glen. Without a doubt he has a trailer or two there. It was a beautiful day and perfect for pulling parts. We pulled a bit of this and that.

My big score was stumbling across a crank landing gear for a M101!!
I have been looking for one of those to put on my air compressor trailer
I bring up there. This will make life much easier. Plus this was the first time
I had a chance to use my air compressor since having some work done to it.
Its running mint now and spins 5 ton lug nuts off like a NASCAR pit crew.

It was great seeing Glen as always. He is a class act and always fun to talk to.
We'll be back next week hopefully to pull some more parts to try to help out.

Attachments

91W350

I would love to have one of those 7 ton flatbeds, they are on a little taller and narrower tire. It was nice to be visited by some members this week. Great bunch of guys. The M923s are about done, they will be exiting soon along with the last of our 800 series trucks. I can sense the sickening chill of a quick exit in the air. The good news is that we have 30 something more coming in along with some more trailers. They were over there today pulling 1100 20s and it was ugly. The five ton on the rack is off of the truck now, but still airborne on the framework. The rear tandems are tangled up in the beams, it will be interesting to see the end of that mayhem.

Seeing as Glen mentioned it, here's the famous truck.
Seemed pretty stable to me......:shock:

With all those 11.00x20 tires coming in I think I am going to invest in
another 3/4 inch impact gun. That way Josh and I can race..........

And a big hearty THANK YOU to Glen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck perched on top of the iron is setting very solidly. I drained all of the fluids out of it and nothing wobbles. I watched Pete set that five ton up there, it was quite the feat for the John Deere crawler he was operating. Let's just say that truck is more weight than the Deere had any business trying to pick up. The front shaft in question is in the bed of my Dodge. I saved the flange hardware and will send it with the shaft.
Thanks again. :beer:
PM sent.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Seeing as Glen mentioned it, here's the famous truck.
Seemed pretty stable to me......:shock:

With all those 11.00x20 tires coming in I think I am going to invest in
another 3/4 inch impact gun. That way Josh and I can race..........

And a big hearty THANK YOU to Glen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, that truck is still sitting like that!!!!! It was sitting like that even before we where there.

Last edited:

jasonjc

Glen were you able to get some window out of the M820 boxes?? Are ther any left? Do I need to make a run up there? Thank you

91W350

We have a few new arrivals.... Some Marine Corp M923 trucks and a M915. The crawlers made room and destroyed a lot of valuable to us parts.

The 923 on the wrecker is a beautiful truck, unfortunately our regular wrecker operator was not available and the company equipment destroyer went to get it. He left the transfer case in gear and towed it home 70 mph. The paint was burnt off of the transmission and it was way too hot to touch 30 minutes after he arrived. We will try to start the truck, if it all sounds as good as it looks, we may be in for a transmission swap. Looks like a fresh depot overhaul... Grrr.....

The M915 is missing some small parts, but runs like a top and cruised home with no issues at all.

91W350

Some yard photos, including the deuce with 1100s on it now. Those Michelins sure work good in the yard mud.

Attachments

builderboy

Thanks !!

Glen forgot to say thanks again for letting me come up and look around before that batch of 900's got crushed. Would you be willing to post when you get a dozen or so fresh 900's in? I can't wait to come back!!! Do you have any winches coming in on the next batch by chance??

Thanks
Kevin
:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks