• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got a KNUCKLE BOOM !! Need mesurments

ODdave

Just got a knuckle boom today and need mesurments so I can shorten up my m35 to the tractor wheelbase, anyone have them?

Sorry im just excited and wanted to share :D

Danger Ranger

Read, read, search, read some more....hahaha. Whats the plan? Why are you shortening the truck? Inquiring minds need to know....PICS TOO!!!:D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why would you shorten it? Every knuckleboom i've seen was on a standard length M35. What's the plan?

paradeduty

Hey fellow Michigander!

Congrats on the boom. I am assuming that you are talking about planting that boom behind the cab of a "built" deuce tractor?

Honestly, you might want to consider leaving the truck wheelbase the same as a standard M35 and just clipping the rear rails for the ramps and fifth wheel plate. That boom is going to eat up an easy 2' of frame by the time you are done. With the boom in the middle of the frame (not right up on the rear axle(s), do you think you might need to squeeze in a double frame or something - course you might just have to be religious about putting out the stabilizers. Just some thoughts. Dave.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAG, he wants to install a 5th wheel plate, to tow a trailer, and use the crane to load it.

He wants the measurements to shorten the frame rails behind the rear axle, to add the 5th wheel and ramps.

Just a guess.

ODdave

I was planing on shortining the frame so it was more manuverable and I dont have any plans of putting a box back on the truck so why not? I did give the idea that DH had about the fith wheel a thought as well.

spicergear

YES! Was very happy to luck into that...let me tell you. It also has an extra set of lines off the rotator so I can put a grapple or some other hydraulic driven attachment on it. Good eye Gimp! ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks