• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chassis Number

willysmd

HI All

Can anyone help me with the chassis number to help identify a bit more my truck please, the only number I have got so far is 31098 which is on the drivers side behind the wheel on the chassis rail, is this it or should there be more.

Thanks

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
As Kenny said, there should be four more numbers prior to this IF it is a Kaiser-Jeep, General Products, or AM General truck. However, 31098 would be right for a 1953 Studebaker-built truck....if you think its a Studebaker, then more information is needed to confirm this.

FWIW, the next issue of Military Vehicle Magazine should have an item in it detailing the meaning and dates of the various serial numbers assigned to M35A2 trucks.

Hope this helps,
David

willysmd

Okay thanks for that have put some more pictures on and will try to get the rest of the vin no: later for more info, what do you reckon on these

Oh and it is a whistler, but apparently it has had a new engine at some stage

willysmd

Ok
I have all the vin number now it is 012531098, can anybody shed some light on the origins of this truck now please :?

Thanks

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Mark,
Your truck is a 1967 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2, built on contract DA-20-113-AMC-03416 (T). It was built mid-year. Its registration number should be somewhere near 4K6100. It was originally powered by a naturally-aspirated LD-465-1C Multifuel engine.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

willysmd

If it was an A2 would it not have nice springy seats, I have the drivers seat with a tool box underneath, and an original electric horn, permanant 6 wheel drive not switchable (like an A2), but I bow to your superior knowledge, Oh! and a different handbrake to others. Justa thought

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Wouldn't say that I have "superior knowledge" - just high mileage! The A2 designation as applied to the M35 denotes ONLY that it was originally powered by a "-465" engine. Everything else - seats, transfer case, horn, exhaust routing, cab stamping, etc. is only incidental.

And, the A-whatever suffix varies from truck type to truck type.

Nailing down the dates of these other detail changes is somewhat more challenging.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

willysmd

Well thanks for your "high mileage" then David been appreciated, if you or anyone else comes up with anything, let me know please.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks