• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buyer/Seller feedback

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just wanted to go over the buyer/seller feedback system. While it's been up and running for a little while now, we need to touch some issues with it.

• The feedback system is ONLY for transactions between members. It is not for any other purpose.
  • Tampering with the feedback system will not be tolerated. Submitting false feedback, or trying to create shell accounts to bolster your feedback are examples.
  • Once feedback is submitted, it's not to be reversed. If the staff were to get into editing feedback, it would undermine the purpose of the system. Leading to everyone complaining until all negatives are removed.
  • Remember that feedback works both ways. If you leave a negative feedback, the other party can as well. We encourage both parties to work out their issue before leaving feedback.
  • Accounts with feedback scores -3 or greater will be subject to banning.
  • Threads created to bash/argue/dispute in the forums are not allowed.

Sorry folks, but the staff will remain hands off in the matter. We will address issues with feedback when absolutely necessary. An example would be someone leaving cursing in the feedback, personal information, or if someone accidentally selected the wrong feedback [IE: left a positive comment, but selected neutral by accident].

scoutmanadam

I for one like the addition of the feedback system, i just wish people i deal with would leave me some after i leave there's. its nice to see how people are dealing with other people in trades.

ARYankee

I for one like the addition of the feedback system, i just wish people i deal with would leave me some after i leave there's. its nice to see how people are dealing with other people in trades.
:ditto: I have that same issue with not getting feedback in return but it happens to me on EBay as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope, not possible. There's no "transaction" that happens like on ebay where your placing a bid or buying now.

RIDDLE1

Just wanted to go over the buyer/seller feedback system. While it's been up and running for a little while now, we need to touch some issues with it.

• The feedback system is ONLY for transactions between members. It is not for any other purpose.
  • Tampering with the feedback system will not be tolerated. Submitting false feedback, or trying to create shell accounts to bolster your feedback are examples.
  • Once feedback is submitted, it's not to be reversed. If the staff were to get into editing feedback, it would undermine the purpose of the system. Leading to everyone complaining until all negatives are removed.
  • Remember that feedback works both ways. If you leave a negative feedback, the other party can as well. We encourage both parties to work out their issue before leaving feedback.

Sorry folks, but the staff will remain hands off in the matter. We will address issues with feedback when absolutely necessary. An example would be someone leaving cursing in the feedback, personal information, or if someone accidentally selected the wrong feedback [IE: left a positive comment, but selected neutral by accident].
Ok so lets say someone doesn't pay for an item I sent them. I try to contact them and get the situation resolved but they will not respond and/or just refuse to make it right.

I then decide that I do not want to see this happen to any other members on SS so I leave a negative feedback. Well JoeStickyFingers decides he wants to throw a tantrum and leave a retaliatory negative feedback for me. I AM STUCK WITH IT??:-?

To me that undermines the whole itrader system. It makes me afraid to warn other members of SS of bad buyers for the fear that I will look like a bad buyer/seller because of my less than perfect score.

JCKnife

Riddle I think part of the cure for that is you can see who left the negative feedback. If I'm looking to make a deal and the guy has +8 / -1 and the -1 came from a guy with -1 (or worse) I'm going to feel pretty good about that. Also doesn't it give you a chance to respond to the -1? I think it does.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so lets say someone doesn't pay for an item I sent them. I try to contact them and get the situation resolved but they will not respond and/or just refuse to make it right.

I then decide that I do not want to see this happen to any other members on SS so I leave a negative feedback. Well JoeStickyFingers decides he wants to throw a tantrum and leave a retaliatory negative feedback for me. I AM STUCK WITH IT??:-?

To me that undermines the whole itrader system. It makes me afraid to warn other members of SS of bad buyers for the fear that I will look like a bad buyer/seller because of my less than perfect score.
In that scenario, provided that the seller has absolute proof and confirmation that the other party has the item, we will address those issues. But again it has to be proven beyond a shawdow of a doubt.

RIDDLE1

Riddle I think part of the cure for that is you can see who left the negative feedback. If I'm looking to make a deal and the guy has +8 / -1 and the -1 came from a guy with -1 (or worse) I'm going to feel pretty good about that. Also doesn't it give you a chance to respond to the -1? I think it does.
If that floats your boat then I guess it will work just fine:beer:

I just does not set well with me. I deal with negative feedback on another forum and and have review many cases and reversed many negatives because all the PM's were kept were I/we could review the "case". It can be done. It is not perfect but it is at least an attempt at making the system better.

That's all I am going to say. Heck nobody is forcing me to use it!:mrgreen:

Last edited:

JCKnife

Quick question: under my avatar it says I have 8 reviews, but if you view my feedback I have 10. Glitch? Or does it time out after a while and just show more recent deals under the avatar?

AHA! I see the 10 reviews came from 8 buyers, maybe that's it.

RIDDLE1

Quick question: under my avatar it says I have 8 reviews, but if you view my feedback I have 10. Glitch? Or does it time out after a while and just show more recent deals under the avatar?

AHA! I see the 10 reviews came from 8 buyers, maybe that's it.
It does not count the number of transactions just the number of people you have dealt with. If you have dealt with the same person multiple times it will only count one.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bump, I added another rule. No public bashing. Got a problem with a transaction, PM me. I'll try to open up negotiation between the two parties. Start something in public, get placed on moderation.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump, I added another rule. No public bashing. Got a problem with a transaction, PM me. I'll try to open up negotiation between the two parties. Start something in public, get placed on moderation.

I guess you need to break a few eggs to make an omlet. Good for you.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patracy, I'm not sure this whole feedback thing is working out. Two of the better guys on here have negative feedback (Steelandcanvas and Papacom). I don't know what the solution is but it doesn't seem it's a good measure of a persons reputation.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're keeping a feedback system, simple as that. It's going to be rough at the start, but it's shaking out the rift raft.

I will say that Steel's feedback will likely be removed since we know the OP is a scammer. Add to the fact he told me "**** you". I haven't booted him yet because I want to give him one final chance to man up and make things right with Steel.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

• Threads created to bash/argue/dispute in the forums are not allowed.

Apparently this still isn't understood by people. Bumping this up again.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use the infraction system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks