• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Ohio with 1985 m1008

oilcan

Apart from getting her running (mission accomplished thanks to your help), I'm working on figuring out why in the **** 4WD won't engage. I set the hubs, move the selector to 4L (which doesn't completely line up with the indicator on the lever), 4WD lights up on the dash, I get excited, pull into my side-yard and freaking get stuck. Here comes the neighbors Grand Cherokee to the rescue. Grrrrrr.

A symptom that I did notice is, when I went to pull through the mud, she stalled out easier when in 4WD. My father said the wheels weren't spinning up front. I am concerned to say the least. It is currently too wet to crawl underneath and check if the shaft spins and whether or not it is engaging well. Do these CUCVs have something simple I'm overlooking that could be the culprit? Darn.
The locking hubs are probably sticking. Take the hubs apart, then clean and relube everything. Make sure the parts look good, reassemble, and give it a try.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Sandusky, Ohio, as you're seeing there are a whole lot of very helpful people on this site and you'll also find there are quite a few owners of your type vehicle in Ohio, there are about six in this area alone. Good luck with your projects and you will enjoy the "OD Madness":beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks