• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lurker, saying hello and a story about M332s

SouthwestUSA

I've been lurking on Steel Soldiers since late last year. My name is Roy and I live in Texas. I am an Army Vietnam Vet (I volunteered for the Army in 1970 despite having a college deferment and at my first assignment at Fort Bragg, I asked my boss, CSM Roy Marvin Batton for a a chance to go to Vietnam (what the h@ll was I thinking?) (I haven't learned yet how to post pictures here on Steel Soldiers, but give me time.

I've successfully won bids on more than a dozen trailers at Government Liquidation and I have lost track of now many generators I've won, and I can't even begin to count all the ammo cans and air-tight aluminum containers I've got now...

So far, I have benefited greatly by reading posts from other folks here on Steel Soldiers, especially in regard to my MEP generators... Now, I just need to figure out how to post a picture of my latest adventure to Fort Hood where I got two-each M332 Ammo Trailers... They are so wicked looking, I would like to park one up on the highway in front of my farm, but people around here already know I'm pretty "off-kelter."

Last edited:

DieselBob

Welcome to the light Roy. Sounds like you have a good collection of OD already. I have wanted to get a M332 but just don't have the funds for another addition to the motor pool.

(what the h@ll was I thinking?)
we all have those moments. Just some are more memorable than others.

wdbtchr

It's good the be the one in town everyone scratches his head over, nobody messes with you.

Welcome to the zoo, great place to hang:roll: out.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've been lurking on Steel Soldiers since late last year. My name is Roy and I live in Texas. I am an Army Vietnam Vet (I volunteered for the Army in 1970 despite having a college deferment and at my first assignment at Fort Bragg, I asked my boss, CSM Roy Marvin Batton for a a chance to go to Vietnam (what the h@ll was I thinking?)
I've successfully won bids on more than a dozen trailers at Government Liquidation and I have lost track of now many generators I've won, and I can't even begin to count all the ammo cans and air-tight aluminum containers I've got now...
So far, I have benefited greatly by reading posts from other folks here on Steel Soldiers, especially in regard to my MEP generators... Now, I just need to figure out how to post a picture of my latest adventure to Fort Bliss where I got two-each M332 Ammo Trailers... They are so wicked looking, I would like to park one up on the highway in front of my farm, but people around here already know I'm pretty "off-kelter."
First...thank you for your service Sir!:D
Second...welcome to the site as a non-lurker!:beer:
Third...strap yerself in! This can be a heck of a ride!!:shock:

PS...I have some good friends in TX..Vietnam Vets.."off kelter" is mandatory!

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

You have fallen in with a bad lot that will lead you further down the path of the dreaded Green Iron Affliction.

I too am a soldier of the 70's.....I remember the hostility of some people.....I re-entered the Active Army in 1984 and retired in 2007.

I am glad the American public finally realized that the soldier is not at fault for the bad decsions of our so called leadership in Foggy Bottom.

Just follow the light..........it's sooooooo beaut..........ZAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks