• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a Huey UH-1B today

FrankUSMC

I will look for the photos. We lived at one place for 20 years and just moved to a new farm 4 years ago. I am still unpacking stuff. I think I know where they are at.
I will get back to you.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

I just did a fast look and found 4 photos, but none of the "Oversexed". I found my dad standing in front of two UH1s with the nose art of "the hunter" it has girl holding a rifle looking back at you over her shoulder, the other UH1 has Devil or Angel II" on the nose.
My dad was a vet of WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam. In WWII he was in both the ETO , and the PTO as a grunt, the same in Korea, in the early 1960s he vollenteered for a new unit being formed called the 11th Air Assault (google the history and the badge they had, my dad always had the badge on his dress uniform, neat story), in Viet Nam he was on UH1Bs.

DoctorCheney223

I just did a fast look and found 4 photos, but none of the "Oversexed". I found my dad standing in front of two UH1s with the nose art of "the hunter" it has girl holding a rifle looking back at you over her shoulder, the other UH1 has Devil or Angel II" on the nose.
My dad was a vet of WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam. In WWII he was in both the ETO , and the PTO as a grunt, the same in Korea, in the early 1960s he vollenteered for a new unit being formed called the 11th Air Assault (google the history and the badge they had, my dad always had the badge on his dress uniform, neat story), in Viet Nam he was on UH1Bs.
I sent a text to all managers involved (all prior service and active duty) and prior to learning about your father's service, I really thought there was going to be drama because the Marine wanted Marine colors, the two Air Force guys wanted an AF scheme and of course, the rest of the Army guys ALREADY decided that it was Army.

All the texts that I received back within minutes wanted to make sure that I relayed to you that we.. ALL OF US.. would be honored if we could use your father's photo and small bio about him.

thanks!
Ron

chupa

I wish I had one to place here on my farm, at the end of my runway near the highway, so I could put a sign near it reading, "Army Special Ops Training in Process, Keep Back 500 Yards and please DO NOT tell anyone we are here."

I'd park a bunch of my surplus near the Huey too, just to entice people... And moments later, the local coffee shops would be blazin' with gossip, rumors, tall-tales and what a hoot that would be, as the local populace tries to figure out what the hermit (me) down the road is doing now.
Ha! We think alike. My friend has two large aluminum comm. dish antennas. I want to put them together and have a crashed flying saucer on my property near the highway. Complete with "dead alien beings".

iluvbudwsr

WOW!! I am in envy of you. its always been my dream just to fly in one of these. Theres nothing, AND I MEAN NOTHING like the sound of a Huey UH-1B through the UH-1H models. The N models just dont do it for me. This looks like a Charlie model from the cowling but you're the owner so you know. upgrades must have been done on it. What are your plans for this Huey? It would be nice to see it restored back to military colors with a gunship arrangement on it. Please keep us updated. I am excited for you! :D

More pictures would be excellent when you can!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact DECODEME as he has one and has restored it. He might be able to turn you onto some of the needed parts.

CycleJay

Patracy,

No, after I win the lottery and I become an instant multi-millionaire..
Then at some point, I would either get the M1009 completely and professionally restored.
To 110% stock condition.

Good day,

CJ

CycleJay

Hello Southwest,

You could tell her it is tornado proof, so it would make a great storm shelter..
Plenty of square footage to have your mother in-law visit and still be far away from her,
just give her some space in an out of the way corner when she visits, LOL..

And if you do not like nosy neighbors, living underground will never let them see what
you are doing, or are up to. LOL

There are many advantages, I plan on getting one when I win the lottery..

And if the world does end in 2012, you may be able to survive if you live in one of those.

Good day,

CJ

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Directly behind Circus Circus on Industrial and Circus Circus Drive. We have 3.3 acres of property one block off the strip. Right now we have the following:

11 M35's
3 Comm's trucks
1 HMWVV
2 GPW's
1 M151
1 WC-63
1 Huey UH-1B

With the range comes about 150 machineguns and approximately 150 semi-autos.

thanks,
Ron
Saw this place when I was in town for the SHOT Show, didn't have time to stop by and check things out though. Noticed a pretty clean M109 sitting there.

RDUKW

Hi Folks,

I just had an ex-US military Huey UH-1B dropped off today. This one is complete except for the engine, seats and most of the dash gauges. All the wiring, transmission and other parts are still there. We will be using it for a zip line at our new indoor shooting range one block of the Las Vegas Strip.

We removed all the Mitsubishi corporate stickers from it and will start the painting process next week. We only have one former Marine working for us and the rest of us are Army. With the majority of my employees being former Black Horse, the Huey will be getting a 1960's Air Cav paint scheme.

I will post pics here as we progress.

Did this Huey come out of a Mitsubishi dealer ship on Harbor blvd in Costa Mesa California. If so I remembered when they dropped it there it was original grey still and they repainted it and put stickers all over it. It was only there for a few months.

Ryan

DoctorCheney223

Did this Huey come out of a Mitsubishi dealer ship on Harbor blvd in Costa Mesa California. If so I remembered when they dropped it there it was original grey still and they repainted it and put stickers all over it. It was only there for a few months.

Ryan
That would be it!

We removed all the logos yesterday and plan on stripping the rest of the paint off today and tomorrow. Here is a picture of the property that we took yesterday.

thanks,
Ron

Attachments

RDUKW

That would be it!

We removed all the logos yesterday and plan on stripping the rest of the paint off today and tomorrow. Here is a picture of the property that we took yesterday.

thanks,
Ron

I'm curious if the city made them sell it off because they didn't have it very long.

Ryan

fireball

Gl has been emptying a warehouse in Moorhead MN the last two months, plenty of huey parts for everyone. There were complete engines, so there might be a few left

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks