• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from MN

munster

Hello Gentlemen,
I want to say this is a great forum. I have been reading it for over six months. Thank you to everyone that have posted in the past about requirements for recovering a M101A2 trailer.

I was successful in win a M101A2 from Ft McCoy. I drove down on Monday to get it. To my surprise I found a cover and complete bows system in the bed under the snow. This was not list or shown on the auction. The trailer has brand new tires. There is very little rust on the trailer.

I will be working on it this spring. I plan on removing the box and sandblasting all parts. I will coat the frame and underside of the box with LineX. This will help with the rust issue from the MN winters.

One thing I have been wondering if it's worth replacing the axle with a lighter one with brakes. I have no issues pulling it but, hate having to lock the system to back it up. The other reason I'm thinking of replacing it is to match my Fords wheels. I will replace the shocks with new ones.

I did purchase a female twelve pin connector. I will be wiring it to a seven connector when I receive it on Tuesday. "I could not find one before I picked up the trailer."

If you noticed the back of the truck is sitting low after the trailer was connected. That was due to the 400 pounds of rocks in the truck bed for winter road safety. It sat level when I removed the rocks.

Attachments

munster

Thank you all..

If I had the place to put one I would consider getting one. On the other hand I sure a lot of you have seen the deuce on Extreme 4X4 they turned into a 4X4 with a 105 trailer bed on it. I know its not a restore but that would be a NICE 4X4. The only problem is where to use it and where to store it. If I lived up in Northern MN I would buy one tomorrow. It would make the snow runs really fun.

Here is a picture of another one someone did.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks