• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fun things in the deuce

ajg6989

Just wondering if anyone else has used their deuce as a guided missle to knock things out of the road. I have hit a full plastic water filled barrier and the deuce threw it into the other lane. I have also hit one of the lighted plastic barrels the deuce launched it vertically into the air before it landed about thiry feet away. I have also ran over an old junk car with the deuce. The deucce climbed right on top of it. the car missed the bumber and got stuck on the diff. With the front axle up on the car I had no steering and the car was steering us. So i finally backed off the car. The strangest thing I ever did was a duke boy jump with the deuce. Now mine is an M109 shop van so a little more weight there 14,000lb empty by the book. I was on a dirt tank trail when I hit a deep hole at 30 mph. Next thing I know the ride is perfectly smooth no bumps. Then we hit the ground. I was now heading straight for a building as the front axle had locked in I guess the wheels were slipping. After I stopped I smelled radiator fluid. I looked under the deuce anti freeze pouring out so I drove it quickly around the corner to the unit's parking lot. Under the hood the fan blade had gone into the radiator through 3 cores. The fan blade was fine just needed a new radiator. Was wondering does that jump qualify as airborne or air assault?

Westech

CPL
hmm I dont know if you would want to tell the world about my trafic no no's. Sounds a little reckless. Now having said that I too have hit a lighted plastic barrel, but with my plow truck. We were doing around 60 mph and the blade just clipped it and it went about 50 feet till my apartment building stopped it. It was cold out that night and the siding had been blown off by the barrel hitting it so hard. There was a 10' x 10' spot where the siding just exploded.
Now my deuce has never hit anything but I have hit the Deuce. I was walking up my driveway (no lights and out in the country no moon out) its really dark, I could not see 5 feet in front of me. BONK!! I found the tail gate with my face. You really cant see something that big in the dark with CRC camo. ouch

ojsdna744

Yeah, I owe M-Dot one of their orange barrels. A highway near me was under construction last spring and was necked down to one lane with barrels. It was pouring one night heading home and the wind blew one of them in front of me. Too close to try and hit the brakes...I did let off the gas...crunch...back on the gas while checking gauges for the next few miles...did a once over the next morning...just a little smudge on the front bumper from where it went under... :roll:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have taken kids out and demolished parking lot snow piles and when I was a platoon leader we drove over a fallen tree that was laid as an abitis to ambush us. It sure did bounce but did not do any harm to the truck just shook the heck out of all of us.

alphadeltaromeo

Keep the fun things coming. I certainly need a host of ideas for fun things to accomplish when I get mine. Perhaps it seems strange or demented (wife says so) but on occasion I'll drive over the small dead animal on the road to hear and feel the "ba dump". I love animals as well...we have dairy goats, sheep, dogs, cats, a bull and chickens. No, I don't run over them :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at it this way, if everyone ran over the roadkill, no one would have to clean it up. Then again, the turkey vultures consume all the can down here.

n3uka

I hit a roadsign once with the drivers side mirror bracket. I had to swerve a little to avoid an idiot talking on their cell. Ended up knocking the sign down and it didn't even chip my paint.

tjcouch

alphadeltaromeo said:
but on occasion I'll drive over the small dead animal on the road to hear and feel the "ba dump".
And when you get yours you can look forward to a "Ba Bump, Bump" feeling! :lol:

AKJEEP

Ran over my father's Ford Ranger. Twice. Never knew it. I was backing around in the parking lot and went to pull out into traffic, but there was a car coming. Backed up into the parking lot so my nose wasn't sticking out quite so far, and then pulled out after the car went by. When I came back a few minutes later, I was greeting by a pi$$ed-off father with a bunck of damage to the bed of his truck. I guess I kissed it the first time when I was backing around, then whacked it again when I was getting my nose outta traffic.
All the more evidence that if you're gonna drive something that sits less then 5 or 6 feet high, you're taking your chances!!!!!

ida34

While in the Army in Korea I was riding with a Korean Corporal. I was in my Humvee with the newer style fold away west coast style mirrors. A Korean car was double parked and you all know how wide a Humvee is. We were going from Camp Stanley to Camp Casey. Anyone that has been in Korea can tell you that it takes about an hour to go 15 miles because of the traffic congestion. I told the Corporal to pull his arm in the window. He gave me a weird look. I told him again to pull in his arm. He hesitated then did what I requested. Just as he did so my mirror smashed the side of the double parked vehicle taking off the mirror and smashing the windows. The Korean Corporal started laughing and asked if I was going to stop. I said, "It should not have been parked there. His fault." I then kept going to Camp Casey half expecting the gate MP's to stop me. They did not and I checked the mirror and found no damage. I may have an arrest warrant for hit and run in Korea. Also from my Korea days. I was in an M109 self propelled howitzer unit. We always moved at night when going to the field because of the traffic congestion. While one gun was turning left into the fire position a Korean taxi came up at about 100 mph and hit the front corner of the howitzer. They are lightly armored but it really split that taxi right down the middle. The only thing it did to the howitzer was the carc paint got discolored by the acid from the taxi's battery. I have also seen Korean cars pull in too close to the back of an M1 Abrams tank. The signs on the back in Korean to stay back so many feet but once in a while the signs are ignored. The grills start melting then the paint starts to bubble off. About this time they usually back away from the rear of the tank.

Lax

ajg6989,
Please don't be a dummy! We don't need any bad press. Any time someone does something stupid everyone calls out for a ban on (insert here)! All we need is for someone to do something stupid and hurt or kill someone and then the whole world will demand to know how "regular people can buy military equipment that kills people". As ridiculous as that sounds we all know that could happen in a heartbeat. Everyone that owns a MV knows that as soon as you hit the street everyone is looking at you. That is part of the fun. But that also means we are big targets to be taken down too.

The first thing that will happen is our insurance will skyrocket so we can't afford to pay it then they will try outlaw them for everyone.

Don't do anything to screw up things for everyone else. If you want to kill yourself go ahead but do it in way that does not effect the hobby I love. aua I am not trying to be mean and I certainly DO NOT WANT YOU TO GET HURT. I'm just asking you to use your head and think about what you are doing or could be doing, that's all.

Besides, I can't understand why anyone would pay good money for good equipment and then intentionally destroy it "for fun". :cookoo:

Oh well. Just be careful. :roll:

hippiedude

We have the same problems in the paintball world!!!!!!!!! Be smart !!!!!!!!!
besides 13000+ lbs out of control could knock down A house !!!! opps!!!!!!!!!

jasonjc

:ditto: to : LAX , Boatcarpenter and hippiedude.
Look what hollywood and a few idiots have done to "assult rifles"and the idiot with the M60 tank.

Rocco

I took out a pay parking money box in the bank parking lot.Accient.
I pushed over a shed, ran over a couch,pused around a broken down dump truck at the junk yard

ida34

I think most of this stuff occured while we were in the military. I don't think they are going to ban the Army anytime soon. I do agree with the caution about smacking into things intentionally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks