• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 recovery

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You need one....trust me. Even if your state doesn't require it your insurance company might....they specialize in weasling out of claims. If you get into an accident (even if it is not your fault) in a commercial sized rig some trial lawyer will try to convince the other party to sue you.

You may also need a DOT Physical and Medical Card.

I don't know why people seem to fear getting a CDL......the biggest issue is having a truck to take the road test in.

If you read the manual and study the material you should have no problem passing the test.

It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

goodguyzy

A friend who has a class A CDL is going to drive the truck (if it will run and drive). That is one of the reasons Im buying this truck is to have my own rig to obtain my class A.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend who has a class A CDL is going to drive the truck (if it will run and drive). That is one of the reasons Im buying this truck is to have my own rig to obtain my class A.
How do you have the M923 tagged? Commercial? I would almost guarantee that you can't (legally) tow your M916 with the M923 with historic or collector plates. Make sure your insurance covers you, too. Nothing worse than finding out you are not covered AFTER something happens.

Not trying to rain on your parade. I am only trying to suggest things for you to consider. Good luck!

quickfarms

The cdl is not that hard to get.

Personally I do not drive vehicles home from gl because you do not know the condition or issues and the vehicle has probably sat for a year to cycle through the system. Better safe than sorry.

goodguyzy

I talked to the truck driving skool and it was $4K plus. I figured I might as well buy a tractor and train myself (with the help of my friend) for that kinda money.

Adam, if I do any mods it would be to single it out with some 16.00's

quickfarms

It is a lot cheaper down here. It sounds like they quoted the price for the government subsidized program. Down here they will charge you per lesson and not just a fixed fee.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah I just took a practice cdl test for the heck of it online and missed 7 of 67 questions. <shrug> not that hard

wsucougarx

Up here, our local college offers a cdl class. It comes out to $6k for the class. Need to check with the Navy to see if I can use the GI bill I never thought I had a use for. Figured I was done with schooling, but I can make an exception8)

quickfarms

When you take the cdl test it is divided into several parts. First is the cdl test, second is air brakes, third is combination vehicles for the class a, then there are the endorsements if you want them and finally you have to take the class c test again. It is not that hard I missed a total of 4 questions.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just get mad that all these people, Mostly candains up here that have these HUGE pusher rv's with air brakes and everything 40ft+ and they dont have to have ANY special license. but you gotta have one to drive a motorcycle. so stupid.... most of those old people driving those things cudnt get a medical card.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks