• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheese, flowerbulbs and me!!

ayla

Hello you all, my name is Ron (ayla on many forums). I'm coming from Holland, yes really that area in The Netherlands which is allowed to be called Holland.
I'm 35 years old, having a dog (Cooper), living together with my girlfriend and having a few hobby's; beer, driving the K30/M1008 and restoring old cars/mini's.

'My occupation is being a service support engineer and in this way of living am I travelling around the world. Where my domicile close to Amsterdam is a good base for many air-miles...

I bought the M1008 pick-up with a hood, so my tools would stay dry in my workhorse, it originally was intended to tow my trailer around town, but after 1 year, it's still making me smile and the neighbour complain, it's parked in front of her window (in Holland we live close to eachother), although it's my drive.

I hope to get a lot of info on this site/forum, where I already got some nice idea's as well.

Groet ron

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I read the title, I was ready to see spam! Welcome to the site. Got pics of your CUCV?

ayla

1st day owned by me, at sea (2 miles from my house).

1st off-road experience, together with a friend who bought the K5/Blazer a few weeks after I bought mine.

Where the pick-up is bought for;

Together with the other hobby (this one is my brothers estate, just after getting it back from painting).

Groet ron

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

ayla

It helped already when I would have read the small line on top of the 'upload' page...:oops:

But already found out some 'how to'...
But thanks for the reply, the compliments and the welcome.

Groet ron

ayla

Good morning everybody, thanks for the warm welcome.
The truck is purchased at 'Van Dam' in Rhenen, The Netherlands. I guess some of you know this trader from Military equipment. He is well known in NL at least.

I was told, my truck was used on a military base in Greece, before it was purchased and stored by Van Dam. It's a '85, so I don't have to pay taxes in NL, that's also the reason why the trader stored it for a few years.

Things done so far on mine; build in a radio, made some speaker boxes behind the bench, but is not the ideal situation.
Changed (or actually put in) a gasket on the oil-pan and changed the gasket on the 'gearbox', where the front axle is coming out.

Groet ron

dmetalmiki

welcome

from over the "pond" So you will be preparing that truck for....Beltring? I believe Rudi and Baulk are (also) near to you there? so you must come in the same convoy they allways come over with. Dave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks