• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M3 Halftrack

battlecr

The M52A2 is in at the shop right now blew a head gasket. My engine guy said it had a .002 high spot. I'm debating weather to keep it or sell it when it comes back.

Don G.

battlecr

Zelda was up at Camp Adair Oregon this last week end. There were 4 Divisions trained there to go overseas during WW2. We represent the 70th ID the Trailblazers. Oregon's own. This Bridge leads to the Engineer Training area on the Luckimute River. 312 miles on Zelda now! Did I tell you I love my Halftrack?
Don G.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Zelda was up at Camp Adair Oregon this last week end. There were 4 Divisions trained there to go overseas during WW2. We represent the 70th ID the Trailblazers. Oregon's own. This Bridge leads to the Engineer Training area on the Luckimute River. 312 miles on Zelda now! Did I tell you I love my Halftrack?
Don G.
Some of us spread out around here love your halftrack, also. [thumbzup]

battlecr

Took Zelda to War Birds over the West at Salem Oregon this last weekend. It was a fund raiser for the Lacy Lady restoration a B-17. Zelda was giving halftrack rides. But she really earned her strips as she was the tug for Grumpy the B-25 from the Historic Flight Foundation. What a rush towing a B-25 with a halftrack!! Zelda didn't even grunt!!

Don G

Here is a video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrgSxAU-o0&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Took Zelda to War Birds over the West at Salem Oregon this last weekend. It was a fund raiser for the Lacy Lady restoration a B-17. Zelda was giving halftrack rides. But she really earned her strips as she was the tug for Grumpy the B-25 from the Historic Flight Foundation. What a rush towing a B-25 with a halftrack!! Zelda didn't even grunt!!

Don G
That is so cool that you were a major player at the event, pairing up with the B-25 Mitchell. Outstanding!

I noticed some beautiful aircraft (rotary-wing included), and a nice vehicle or two also (think I saw a vintage 40's pick-up). Any pics of any of that maybe?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided it was time for a little upgrade on Zelda, been using my buddy’s fuel tank for a couple of years now so time to put in the new fuel tanks that I bought from Paul. Probably start on the radio wiring next.

Don G
Sounds like the team I get to MV around with. It's a great group of folks that preserve these historical pieces.

Zelda looks amazing!

battlecr

Was up at War Birds over the West a couple of weeks ago. Got to be a tow vehicle again. Unfortunately Zelda broke down, so hired a DUKW to pull her up on the trailer. Some MV friends came down and helped me get her back running again! Back in business!

Don G.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The black and white is spectacular. Still green down there or did you get that snow we sent you?

Green pictures always warm me up like a chestnut roasting on an open fire. Merry Christmas to Zelda and family.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
battlecr. We will now be meeting at the 49er campground at Plymouth CA. in April and September. The wife and I drove out to the 49er campground a couple months ago and found the park to be an improvement in many ways over Tower Park. There is a restaurant at the entrance, and a supermarket across the street and there are plenty of shade trees around, and most important, a latrine/laundry right across from my spot #206. I think BigMike & speedfellon are in the same area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks