• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M3 Halftrack

battlecr

Haven't been here for a long time, and never posted but here is some shots of my 1942 Diamond T M3 halftrack:

track1.jpg
track2.JPG
track3.JPG
Rebuilt roller frames

track4.jpg
Removing the 4' extension out of the frame

track5.jpg
Back together

Been working at my friends shop. We detracked it last Monday

Don G.

Anyone know how to turn on the img code???

Last edited by a moderator:

Danger Ranger

Why was there a 4' extension in the frame? What was it last used for? I think one of these could be really cool with something other than an armor box on it. Not that those aren't cool enough, but something like a dump bed or a flatbed on it could be a neat farm truck.

battlecr

The mill it came from had a cherry picker on it. Allot of HT's had the frame extended and cranes put on them. Southern parts modified them and put flat beds, dumps and what ever else they could think of on them after the war.

zout

If I give you my wife's e mail address - would you tell her to let me have a Scout Car for my next project (that will involve getting an addition onto the garage)

Great pictures and please keep updated on the work.

zout

"understanding" Now my friend that was very tactful and a well executed verbage.

I have been married 31 yrs and I doubt I would try to pass a Scout Car past her at this time - yours is sweet.

battlecr

Thought I'd post a couple more shots of the progress. Been working in my friends shop:

track6.jpgtrack7.jpgtrack8.jpg

Got to build the foundation first! :mrgreen: I hope to have it home this summer to drive around.

Don G.

srodocker

Thats awesome. hopefully your able to come up to some rallys this summer. I see you have a small collection. and good luck with your half track!

battlecr

Yep the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time:? The 2013 MVPA convention is in Portland OR. I really want to show it there. Thats the goal. :driver:

Don G.

battlecr

Got a few more items painted and ready to go back on. I'm trying to cath up with Dirt71, not. But still moving ahead. Took a ride in my buddy's half track this weekend. Got modivated all over again.

Don G

drums1.jpgdrums4.jpg

Dirt71

Got a few more items painted and ready to go back on. I'm trying to cath up with Dirt71, not. But still moving ahead. Took a ride in my buddy's half track this weekend. Got modivated all over again.

Don G

LOL The only reason I'm rushing through mine is because I will be moving out of my shop by the end of April. It's alot to move and I want the M3 together.

battlecr

Making more progress. Got the front axle pulled apart looks really good will just have to do a brake job. took the drums and backing plates to the sand blaster. My buddy Steve got ambitous and pulled my crabs and volute sspings out. I wanted to break all that down now so when I can afford new boogies it will be easier to change after all the armor is on.

Don G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks