• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M3 Halftrack

mikeseal43

You are definately doing it right! Keep up the good work! I messed up and didn't put "better than good" bogies on my halftrack when mine was in that stage and its about to bite me in the behind in a couple of years. If you can, put NOS ones all the way around. I know its expensive but its worth it in the long run.

battlecr

Well I did break down and bought all new boogies. After pulling everything down the thought of doing it a second time was like yeah-no! So they showed up the other day. It's a lot easier now that the armor is not on it. The boss even gave me permission:mrgreen: I guess I won't trade her in on a new model this year;-)

Now if the grass and brush would quit growing I could get back to working on the half track:cookoo:

Don G.

battlecr

Got my new boogies in the other day. Working on the front brakes. Getting ready to get them back together. Had to take of some home projects first.

Don G.

battlecr

Okay now I think I got the whole picture thing figured out. Here's some shots of my front end. and the boogies.

When is the PNW convoy?

Don G.

boogies1.jpgfront axle1.jpgfrt brakes1.jpgfrt drums1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

battlecr

Hi Scott, that looks like fun. I won't be able to make it this year. Our club is having a big camp at our house over the 4th. So the boss has me scheduled out for some R&R. I hope to have my track up at the convention next year. :jumpin:

Don G.

battlecr

Well this whole life thing really gets in the way of the restoration. Finally got back to working on the track. That last major componet is out and on it's way to the rebuilder. A few more items and the frame is on it's way to the paint shop. :jumpin::jumpin:

Don G.

engine 01.jpgengine 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

battlecr

I've been doing some suspension work and ran across a unique repair. I'm resonably sure my half track went through a rebuild in the 1950's I don't know if this repair was military or it was done by the old millwright at the mill where this thing lived

Don G

Attachments

battlecr

Well Friday was a red letter day in my restoration. We moved the frame over to the paint shop and got it painted:p This means from now on parts will be going back on, I'm starting back up hill:D So here are some shots.

Don G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks