• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M3 Halftrack

battlecr

Well a couple of more items and I'll have the cowl complete. I wanted a break from the cowl so went over to the shop and installed the new exhaust system from Kevin Lockwood. It is a thing of beauty but boy what tight fit:twisted:

Here's some shots of the install

Don G

Attachments

battlecr

Well finally got the cowl mounted on the machine. It's starting to look like a halftrack. Can't wait to drive it. Start this project 10/17/2009. This is my 4 year anniversary!

Don G. aua

Attachments

Another Ahab

Hey, your patience will pay off. And congratulations are due to you for keeping us posted. This is a nice project. Thank you.

"If you're going to do it, then do it right", says the old bromide. And my hat's off to you, for doing just that.

It's looking clean, and mighty sweet!

battlecr

Made some more progress. The little things just take time but it will be worth it. Got the doors hung so I could tighten up the B-pillar, you have to build from the center out. Soon as I get mobile I'll move it over to the other shop so I can get welding on the floor,

Stay tuned!

Don G.

Sorry about the blurry picture haven't mastered the phone camera

track 28.jpgtrack 29.jpgTrack 30.jpgtrack 31.jpgtrack 32.jpgtrack 33.jpgtrack 34.jpg

battlecr

Hadn't posted in a while, got some more parts on fuel hoses etc. Did get my track armor on, it's really looking like a track. I hope we are going to fire it tomorrow. But it was -11' this AM. I hope my buddy will get some better pictures tomorrow. My cell phone camera sucks!

Don G.

Attachments

steelypip

The suspension seems a whole lot smoother than I would have expected.

That's one Clean Machine. Very Nice!
They ride surprisingly well, especially once you get the armor over the rear. I was surprised - I've had rougher rides in a lot of things with wheels. I'm guessing when they were kitted out with ammo, mines, or whatever and a full crew they probably rode better still. It does explain Patton's preference of the half track over the command car.

Another Ahab

They ride surprisingly well, especially once you get the armor over the rear. I was surprised - I've had rougher rides in a lot of things with wheels. I'm guessing when they were kitted out with ammo, mines, or whatever and a full crew they probably rode better still. It does explain Patton's preference of the half track over the command car.
I never heard that story about Patton (the half-track preference).

Did read recently why he carried two pistols (the pearl-handled pair). Seems he was in a shoot-out when down in Mexico during the Punitive Expedition against Pancho Villa. He had only one pistol (revolver) at the time, and having to stop and re-load said "never again". Who knew?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks