• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Parts Quick Reference Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capehenery

Mikey
Some of us have converted the headlights so that there are local options. The standard on these trucks is a sealed bulb with three wires attached. There are several options for conversion. Just keep on mind how the change will affect usability. Mine is no longer water tight for fording but only costs $8 to change a bulb

goober

I just found a great source for the Shutter Stat for the M923, and other models that use the NHC250. Only $82. They said that they try to keep a few of these on the shelf. They were out when I called but said that they were going to make some new ones. Took a few weeks and finally received it. Looks great. I had rebuilt my old one with new o-rings but am keeping this new one as a spare.

www.rossairworks.com out of Elizabeth, NJ.

Part number is 1047-35000-29. It is a 185 degree shutter stat.

Note that I have not tried this in my M923 yet. I got this part number from someone on another forum

Shutter Stat from Rossairworks.com.jpg

Last edited:

mikey

Just an FYI, NAPA part# LMP 4800 ($16.09 ea) will work with the 939, if you're willing to cut 1/32" off the brass OR change the connector at the end of the cable for a slightly wider one. I had those bulbs sitting around for my M38A1 and my M37. I just tried one. I cut a tiny sliver of brass off the edge of the prong and it works fine. Your mileage may vary.

Radden

I have a M931A2 and have differential oil coming out between the tires and on the backside of inner tire on the forward rear differential . I assume that the seal has gone bad. Does anyone know what the part number or numbers to fix this? Thanks, Bob

Alexsha

I have a M931A2 and have differential oil coming out between the tires and on the backside of inner tire on the forward rear differential . I assume that the seal has gone bad. Does anyone know what the part number or numbers to fix this? Thanks, Bob
5330-01-271-9410 M939A2 Inner Hub Seal w/ CTIS
5330-01-272-1147 M939A2 FRONT WHEEL HUB AND DRUM SEAL
5330-01-308-0175 M939 Rear Axle Seal
5330-01-377-9775 M939 Rear Axle Shaft Seal

Radden

From what I could tell the part numbers were for the front axle and good future reference. The seals I need are for the rear differentials. I believe they would be different.

Thanks, Bob

sweetk30

cummins 8.3 in a2 series 5 ton trucks with haldex air compressor .

haldex 3559545k is the upper half gasket / spring / o-ring kit.

this is the newer part # cross referenced from the old original info off there site .

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will get it done. I have other stuff to add as well. I should have the HEMTT section done by the end of the month.

2StateTrigger

Ok guys, here is a spreadsheet I have worked up just to assist people on locating some parts on short notice via local stores as well as some others. If you have any parts you want to add send me a PM with the part number and who supplies it. This is just a test sheet for now. I am still working on other parts being added as they are interchanged. I skimmed some parts numbers from previous posts as well. Please bear with me. I also do not include prices cause it can be different all over the country. I am currently also in the process of making one for the M35 series trucks as well.

Update : Feb 4, 2012 : I have added more parts to the list as well as some of the more common fluid capacities often asked in threads. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoJuiPMjMpsVdC1OLTN2WGtXNzVNcUsxVnotLXZYUlE

Simp5782,

What an AWESOME resource.....Thank you for sharing.

Is there anyway to print this spreadsheet out in order to throw it in a truck glovebox compartment or other compartment so when things go bad we will have the info on-hand almost immediately?

THANKS AGAIN, you did/are doing GREAT WORK.....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If anyone wants me to send this to them as a PDF so they can print it out. Send me a PM with your email and I will get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks