• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Install

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
finished my VIC-1 install

Thanks to Tinwoodsman for the pics and ideas for mounting.

I made some brackets and existing holes and hardware on the truck so I didn't drill any holes.

I made the brackets for the individual boxes slotted to accomidate the 1/8" difference in needed length.

The only problem I have is in one of the headsets. You have to switch and hold on "RAD" in order to talk whereas the other headset you can hear and speak while swtiched to "ICS".

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. Your attention to detail puts my install to shame. As for the problem headset, did you swap them and see if the problem follows?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. Your attention to detail puts my install to shame. As for the problem headset, did you swap them and see if the problem follows?
The problem follows the headset. I'm hoping Steve Haney will contact me with a simple fix.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve us good. I am sure he will. Periodically I use a pencil eraser and clean the contacts on the headset plugs and the control boxes. Good luck.

IroncladGA

to follow up on the questions about cleaning the contacts, I have two AM-1780s that I can't get to work fully. The relays click when the PTT buttons are activated, but no sidenote is heard (in the first AM-1780), and a sidenote is heard (but no audio) on the second one. I know it's not the cables, headsets, or c-2298s because I have used them all on another 1780 and everything works just fine. Anyway to clean the tiny female connectors on the 1780. I read the TM, which advises sending to maintenance and requisitioning a replacement, but that option doesn't work so well for me.

Thanks for any help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks