• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Parts Quick Reference Spreadsheet

1942 Mk1

Air tool oil

Posted in this thread 8-30-12 there is a reference to CW11C that was designated as air tool oil. Then further reference to WD-40 as being a direct substitute.

I do not know the properties of the CW11C mentioned, but I can suggest that Mystery oil, or automatic transmission fluid, would be a better substitute for air tool oil, than WD-40. Not knocking the product, it is a good product when used for what is is designed for.

What I CAN say for fact is, don't ever use WD-40 as a lubricant in your pneumatic nail guns. There are seals in these tools that will disintegrate when exposed to compounds in products such as WD-40.

I Hope this reply helps someone. CP

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I downloaded it in spreadsheet format and added the multi-fuel rear main seal part number. I'd like to see the original updated.

bones1

Originally Posted by jatonka The secondary/final gasket number is Napa #5070
The primary gasket number is Napa #5131
The oil gasket is Napa # 5119 it is a fiber gasket and is correct.

These are all good numbers, I buy them 100 at a time.
These are the correct #s for the gaskets, just did them today.

Mack Attack

Banned
Ok guys, here is a spreadsheet I have worked up just to assist people on locating some parts on short notice via local stores as well as some others. If you have any parts you want to add send me a PM with the part number and who supplies it. This is just a test sheet for now. I am still working on other parts being added as they are interchanged. I skimmed some parts numbers from previous posts as well. Please bear with me. I also do not include prices cause it can be different all over the country.

I will be doing weekly updates as parts interchanges are made and information from members is provided to me to post.

Update: Feb 4th, 2012 : Have added common fluid capacities for all M35 series trucks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoJuiPMjMpsVdEZxUEc2WlFuUHY5MlloS2VMYXlTQlE
Do any of these parts work for the Gas engined 2.5 ton trucks ?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I can't update the list here is an O'Reilly Auto Parts Gates number for the lower radiator hose:

Gates 20611 $18.99 as of yesterday

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replacement seat shock

I had difficulty finding a replacement seat shock using part numbers on this site (snowmibile front ski shock). I found a big truck cab shock that seems to be the ticket with a little mod. It is a Monroe gas magnum cab shock part number M66104. The bushings for the monting bolts are a bit wider than the original but cutting/grinding them down was no biggie. This shock has a little less travel than the original so it is shorter at full extension. But that helps by keeping the seat a little further down, away fron the steering wheel. I just put thicker rubber bumper material on the up-stops.

Kloakndagr

Dude, I was just going to post here asking for some part numbers. Thanks a bunch. Going to recover my deuce on Tuesday. Sacramento to Paso Robles. Figured I have some belts and hoses on hand just in case.

Alt Belt - Dayco #17470DR at summitracing.com $2.95
Compressor Belt - Dayco #17510DR at summitracing.com $2.95

New Style Head Gasket - Mahle/Clevite #5818
Exhaust Manifold to Turbo Gasket - CAT #1S-4295
Turbo Oil Drain Gasket - CAT #1S-4810
Turbo Oil Feed Gasket - CAT #1S-6595

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks